Chapter 46 - Destrangis in the night

"Don't you guys speak Spanish at all?" Raquel asked Rick, Alek and Cain, as they were all standing together. "Apart from Ricky Martin, there were no Spanish songs," she complained.

"And what Spanish song would you have liked to sing?" Rick asked.

"I don't know... anything," she replied.

"Mago de Oz, Ska-P, Estopa," Claudio, Raquel's boyfriend offered, as Fer agreed nodding his head.

"I don't even know who they are," Cain laughed.

"You don't know who Estopa is?" Alek asked surprised, looking at Cain and then Jane.

"No idea," Cain continued, as Jane turned red, remembering when she had made Alek listen to Estopa's songs all those years ago. They had spent the entire night listening to Estopa's songs and finally kissed for the first time at dawn, as they heard Destrangis in the night over and over again.

"Why don't you sing a song by Estopa, Alek?" Rick said, smiling at Alek and Jane. He really knows everything about us, Jane thought, turning full on red.

"Should I?" Alek asked, looking at Jane, as the others started to cheer. Jane remembered as he had sung Destrangis in the night to her, when they were back in London, for her birthday. It had been magical!

"You should," Jane managed to say.

"Let's do this," Alek said cheerfully. "I need to pick up my guitar," he said, walking in the direction of his bedroom.

By the time Alek was back with his guitar, Rick had turned off the music and everyone was gathered in the living room once again. Rick took Jane's hand and told her to sit next to him, pulling her away from Cain. She accepted gladly, as she was too emotional to hear Alek sing to her and remain impassable in front of Cain. Raquel and Martina were sitting next to her, cheering Alek on. Alek picked up a chair and put on his guitar next to it. Then he picked up a microphone stand to hold his microphone while he played the guitar. He set up everything and finally sat down in front of everyone.

"I was asked to play Estopa, so everyone who knows the song, please sing along. I haven't played in a while, so bear with me. I used to play this to my girlfriend, so this is for her," he said, smiling at Jane.

Alek started playing the strings on his guitar and Jane knew immediately he had chosen to play their song, Destrangis in the night. She took hold of Rick's hands and did not let go during the entire song as she heard Alek's beautiful voice sing to her.

Jane had not heard this song in years as it was too painful to remember it all, but hearing it again, she was amazed at how much it spoke of them at this precise moment, how they were struggling to get back together

Jane had not heard this song in years as it was too painful to remember it all, but hearing it again, she was amazed at how much it spoke of them at this precise moment, how they were struggling to get back together. She felt a tear fall down her cheek, but she smiled despite her sadness as the next line of the song spoke of her smile for him. She was completely enthralled by his voice and his eyes on her.

 She was completely enthralled by his voice and his eyes on her

She nodded her head at him in approval. She needed him inside of her, if she did not want to feel alone for the rest of her life. His sad eyes as he sang those words was something that would haunt her for years to come.

As everyone cheered and clapped for him, Jane was pulled up by Rick as she was the only one still sitting down, thinking of how she too would rather go to hell if she could not kiss him

As everyone cheered and clapped for him, Jane was pulled up by Rick as she was the only one still sitting down, thinking of how she too would rather go to hell if she could not kiss him. Alek walked to her and hugged both Rick and her, as not to appear as if he was only hugging her. "¡Te quiero, niña!" he whispered to her and kissed her softly on her lips, as Rick shielded them from all the others. I love you, little girl!

Cain walked to them, so Alek let go of Jane and Rick quickly. "I have no idea what you just sang but it sounded beautiful," Cain laughed, clapping Alek on the back.

"Thanks, brother," Alek replied, smiling.

"You were amazing," Raquel said.

"I love your voice," Martina added. "I taped it all," she said proudly, showing off her phone.

"Don't put it on the internet, please," Alek begged.

"I won't! I'll just send it to our chat so Luna can watch it," Martina added.

"Alright," Alek agreed.

The DJ started the music again and they all moved around, everyone going to Alek, and praising his singing skills. Some of the girls basically throwing themselves at him.

"That's going to be great with the girls," Cain said to Jane, as they were both standing next to each other, looking at Alek and the herd of girls around him.

"I don't think he needs the additional help," Jane said, feeling like getting between Alek and all the others, claiming him for herself.

"You'd think so, wouldn't you," Cain laughed.

"What do you mean?" Jane asked, looking at Cain.

"Except for the pool party we did at the penthouse, he hasn't slept with anyone in weeks. I'm starting to get worried honestly, it's so unlike him," Cain explained.

"In weeks?" Jane asked surprised.

"Yeah, even before he returned to Madrid. That's why I was pushing Layla on him, hoping she would do the trick, but he just won't! I have no idea what's changed."

"I had no idea," Jane replied, looking at Alek again. It was true then, he had not slept with anyone, since he had been back, and even before. That made her feel more connected to him, as if she could trust him again.

"Well, maybe tonight will be the night," Cain added cheerfully.

"Let's hope so," Jane said, smiling to Cain.