Chapter 26 - La Rotonda Restaurant

There is something magical about strolling on a carriage along the Paseo de la Castellana at night. Everything looks so different and beautiful under the night sky, full of stars and an almost full moon. Cain opened the champagne bottle and filled two glasses, for him and Jane, the third glass was filled with sparkling water for Alek, and they all drunk together.

"To my lovely fiancée," said Cain, raising his glass.

"To Jane," added Alek.

"Thank you both so much," she replied. "This is a beautiful way to see Madrid." They were strolling by the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, the Real Madrid stadium, beaming with all the lights. Then they continued quietly down the Paseo de la Castellana. When they reached the Fountain of Cybele, a beautiful fountain where the Real Madrid fans meet to celebrate their victories, Jane spoke again, "I think I can get used to this mode of transportation. Madrid looks so beautiful like this!"

"I thought you might like it," Alek said.

"I do," she replied to Alek and tuning to Cain, she added, "Thanks, babe!"

"The carriage was actually Xander's idea. I was going for a limo," Cain laughed.

"That would have been nice too. This is just perfect," she smiled at Alek.

"It goes with the 19th century theme," Alek said, showing off his cane.

"Indeed," Jane smiled, taking a sip of her glass of champagne.

Scrolling down the Paseo del Prado, Jane thought about trying to get more information on the party, but it was not needed anymore, because when they reached the Fountain of Neptune, the carriage stopped just by the entrance of the Westin Palace Hotel.

"Here we are," exclaimed Cain, a happy smile on his face.

"The Westin Palace Hotel? Oh, Cain," Jane exclaimed, trying to sound disapproving and failing, as she had a large smile on her face.

Alek stepped out first and then Cain, who turned around and offered his hand to Jane, to help her out of the carriage. "My lady," Cain said with a bow.

"You are something else, mister," she said, taking his hand.

"Anything for you, babe," he said, bringing her close for a kiss. "Now, remember, this is a party for your birthday. Tonight, you enjoy yourself and tomorrow you can scold me on my spending habits, agreed?"

"Agreed," she replied, shaking her head at him.

Alek let them walk in first, but Jane stopped and put her hand through his arm. "Shall we walk in together? After all, I'm a countess, I may as well have two men as my escorts!" They all laughed and walked in together, as the doors were opened for them.

The lobby was something to behold, so vast, with a tall ceiling, a staircase that looked like it came out of a Disney movie and marble all around. They walked slowly to La Rotonda Restaurant, Jane guessed, as she had been here once before for a luxurious brunch with her parents. La Rotonda Restaurant was a stunning round room, as its name suggested, with a glass ceiling shaped like a dome adorned with colourful flowers and a huge chandelier. She absolutely loved it! The doors were opened by two smiling waiters and as soon as they stepped in, everyone yelled "Surprise!".

Jane looked around and saw that all the people she loved were there, her parents, her friends, her co-workers, all dressed in old-fashioned clothes, smiling, and clapping their hands at their arrival. "Thank you," she said, feeling overwhelmed. She gave a kiss to Cain on the mouth and to Alek on the cheek before she let go of their arms and went to her parents to give them a big hug.