Chapter 47 - A Cain-free evening

The rest of the party went by too slowly for Jane's liking, but too quickly for her scheming. She was trying to think of a way to join Alek in his bedroom, but had no idea how to do it. To Raquel and Martina's disappointment, there was no orgy happening tonight, at least not in public. As people slowly started to disappear, probably going to their bedrooms, Rick joined her, as she was talking to her girls, a big smile on his face.

"I just took your fiancé to bed. He was way too drunk to make it there by himself. So, I'd say you can enjoy a Cain-free evening," Rick whispered in her ear. He kissed her on the cheek and said, "I think I need a reward for being such a good host, so I'll go to my room now. Enjoy your evening!" Jane saw him walk away from her, clap Alek on the back and take two girls by the waist, and all three of them walked in the direction of Rick's bedroom.

"He really likes you," Raquel said, with a large smile.

"He's so hot," Martina added.

"He is," Jane agreed. "He's a good guy too, I got to know him a little better last night."

"Last night?" Raquel asked.

"Yeah, we all went out dancing in his pub. Apparently, Rick is Xander's best friend."

"Really?" Martina asked.

"Yeah, I didn't know either," Jane replied.

"Chicas, ¡vámonos a la cama!" Fer said, as he, Claudio and Alek joined them. Girls, let's go to bed!

"¡Sí, vamos!" Martina replied happily, putting her arms around Fer's waist. Yes, let's go!

"¡Claro que sí!" added Raquel, kissing Claudio on the lips. Of course! Then, looking at Jane and Alek just standing there, she asked suspiciously, "¿Y vosotros dos?" And you two?

"Me encargo de acompañarla a su cuarto, ¡tranquila!" Alek replied, smiling at Raquel. I'll walk Jane to her room, don't worry!

"¡Vale!" Raquel replied smiling. OK!

They said their goodbyes, and all agreed to wake up late and go to the brunch together that Rick had planned for them. The DJ turned off the music and the waiters started the cleanup. They were the last ones left in the living room. Alek and Jane walked slowly in the opposite direction of the girls, as his bedroom was between Rick's and Jane and Cain's bedroom. They reached first her bedroom and she stopped, wanting to get in for a second, make sure Cain was asleep, take her pill, and then join Alek. She had not mentioned all that to Alek, so when he saw her reach for the handle, he looked hurt, but quickly said good night to her, kissed her on the cheek and left before she could stop him.

A moment later, he walked soundlessly into his bedroom and closed the door behind him. Jane was still standing in front of her bedroom's door, his hurt face still in her mind. She sighed and almost went to his bedroom directly, but she thought against it, knowing that if she went to him, she was not going to leave until morning. She opened the door and walked silently into her room. Cain was soundlessly asleep, snoring peacefully. She covered his still dressed body with a warm blanket, feeling so guilty for betraying him. She took her bag to the bathroom, took her pill, took off her make-up, washed her teeth, and got changed into a black nightgown and matching robe.

Back in her bedroom, Cain was still fast asleep, she took her phone, in case he woke up and called her. She walked out quietly and crossed the hallway to Alek's bedroom. She hesitated for a moment before knocking on the door, but then she got along with the programme.

"Come in," Alek said through the closed door.

Jane walked in and saw Alek sitting on the couch in the sitting area, holding his guitar in his hand. His surprised face was more than she could handle. "Hey," she whispered.