Chapter 40 - Purple Sweet Potato Pancake (Version A)

⚠️This chapter is Rated Mature🔞 - viewer's discretion is advised.

Version A is Rated Mature

Version B is Rated Everyone. Please skip to the next chapter for Ver. B

"ZheYan, quickly come now and take a look at Xiaobai." he says to him while moving away to make space for him to examine her. While ZheYan makes his way over to Fengjiu, Donghua turns towards ChengYu. "ChengYu, you can go back to the banquet. Don't mention any of this to anyone." he sternly says to her. "ChengYu understands! ChengYu will now take her leave." she says while cupping her hands together and bows before leaving. Donghua turns back towards ZheYan, his patience is running really thin. "So?" Donghua hurryingly asks.

The sound of Donghua's voice loudly echoes off the chamber wall. He is extremely worried about Fengjiu's life. "She's been poisoned!" ZheYan calmly says. "Poisoned!" Donghua shocking repeats. ZheYan continues to examine further to find out what kind of poison was used. Not long after a little smirk appears on his face which Donghua missed as ZheYan quickly returns to his normal behaviour. "So, do you know what kind of poison it is yet?" Donghua impatiently yells out.

"It's not really a poison. It is an aphrodisiac." ZheYan calmly says. "Aphrodisiac! Some man has the guts to try to target my Xiaobai! How dare they think of laying their hands on my Dihou!" Donghua rages out as a slight crimson red aurora starts to surround his whole body. "This drug has no color or odour, the one that intakes it wouldn't notice a thing. But it is strange!" ZheYan confusingly says. "What is strange about it?" Donghua impatiently asks as his crimson red aurora is getting really bright.

"Just calm down for now! This specific type of drug is rarely used nowadays because a few of the ingredients no longer exist. It used to be used mainly in the Monster Realm because one of the ingredients is only found in certain areas there. Also, other places like the Demon, Ghost Realm, and smaller clans that are located in the southern parts. Even if some of the ingredients are not extinct, this type of aphrodisiac is rare to be seen used outside of their lands to start off with. This is normally used in the royal family, mostly on males to help them boost their luster and ability to impregnate their wives at a faster rate. The effect of it normally lasts forty eight hours and there aren't any life threatening after or side effects." ZheYan calmly explains.

"That's good... that's good... Xiaobai would be fine after two days then." Donghua lets out a sigh of relief and his crimson red aurora dies down. "But..." ZheYan hesitates to go on, knowing that Donghua might go demonic from being angered. "But what?" he angrily asks as his crimson red aurora just bursts as bright as it can get. "But... this... aphrodisiac works differently on a female's body. It turns into a poison in their body... If the poison is not cured, Xiaojiu could..." ZheYan explains but hesitates to go on. "COULD WHAT!" Donghua angrily asks as his aurora is now surrounding Fengjiu as well.

"She could... die..." ZheYan finishes saying. "Then what are you waiting for? Cure her! What do you need for the antidote? My blood?" Donghua frantically asks while he extends his arms in front of ZheYan's face. He pushes Donghua's arms back down and sighs. "There is no antidote for this. The only way to cure it... is too..." ZheYan keeps hesitating to say. "Spill it already! We don't have all day!" Donghua angrily snorts out with fire in his eyes. "You need to consummate with her!" ZheYan casually says it out loud. "There must be other ways?" Donghua quietly asks. "No, this is the only way. She only has twenty four hours... or she will die from the pain, burning within her." ZheYan adds.

"Is... her health... okay though... I've been restraining myself from that kind of desire... because of her health..." Donghua hesitates, worrying that doing that may harm her even more. "Donghua, as you just said to me, there is no time to hesitate but now you have time to hesitate on small matters. I know what you are worried about, but we can deal with her health after. Saving her life is the priority." ZheYan says before heading out of the chamber. He waves his arm and a bottle of his famous aged peach blossom wine appears on the bedside table.