Chapter 12 - Double Trouble! Wrong, Triple Trouble!

It's been four days since they all escaped from the dream curse realm until now. Fengjiu still didn't know it was a curse that she cast from her obsession and desire. She still thinks it's simply another normal realm. Since Donghua had already ordered that no one should speak again of what happened, they all just acted as if nothing had happened. Of course Donghua himself is not going to tell her either. This is Donghua's method of protecting her.

When it's near dawn, Fengjiu started dreaming that she was happily enjoying her time with Donghua while he was fishing. When suddenly a huge gust of wind picks up out of nowhere separating her from him. The familiar voice spoke out;

"You broke the spell and I told you there were consequences...You didn't listen now no one can save him!!!"

"NO! DONGHUA! NO! DON'T TAKE HIM! TAKE ME, TAKE ME INSTEAD! DONGHUA! DONGHUA! DONGHUA! Give him back to me! DONGHUA! DONGHUA! DONGHUA!"

Donghua was sleeping right beside her until she starts tossing, turning and frantically screaming his name. He quickly woke up and hovers over her. "Xiaobai! XIAOBAI! Wake up!" he screams at her. "DONGHUA!" she yells while frighteningly waking up. "Xiaobai is just a dream, it's alright, I'm right here. We are in my bed chamber." he softly says while rubbing her shoulder. "Dijun, I hear that voice again, it wants to take you away from me." she cries and pants. "You silly girl! No one can take me away from you, no one!" he reassures her.

As he continued comforting her there was a knock on the door, "Come in." he let out. Zhonglin walks in with a much bigger try this time, he silently bows to the both of them, then hands the tray to Donghua and leaves. He takes out a bottle, pours a golden red liquid into the bowl of medicine, stirs it and starts to feed it to her. "Do I really still need to drink this? I really don't want to." she says with a pout on her face while sitting up. "Yes you have to, unless you want to stay cooped up in here forever." he said very firmly. "If I get to be with you forever, I don't mind being cooped up in here." she softly says with a warm smile. Donghua just shakes his head. "Well I guess you won't be going with me to my home, Bihai Cangling after all." he says while looking away with a smirk.

"Wait did you say, Bihai Cangling... the Bihai Cangling that you were born and grew up in? The BIHAI CANGLING?" she happily, confusingly, and curiously asks. "Yes, that's a shame... was going to take you there one day but since you don't want to get better at all then you can stay cooped up in this chamber forever then." he continues looking away and smirking at his tactics. Fengjiu simply just gave in, takes the bow from his hand and gulps the whole bowl down in one shot. "Yuck! Why is it more bitter each time and there is this bloody taste to it?" she asks with a disgusted face. "That's my Xiaobai!" he says while stroking the back of her head. "I said it to you before in the mortal realm, if you don't find it bitter, then you will never learn. The next time you fall ill or get injured I will have to tired myself to feed you the medicine again." he teasingly says to her.

The memories of the night that the mortal king carrying her on his back in the rain, pops in her mind. The sweet memories have made Fengjiu's eyes start to fill with tears. She remembers every single detail very well. She was very touched when he was feeding her the medicine. But when she thought of what he said when they were sitting on the bed when they reached her chamber, her face started blushing. Donghua immediately knows what made her blush like this and decides to tease her more. He leans in to her face and lifts her chin up with his finger. "Do you?" he whispers against her lips. "Huh?" with a dumbfounded face. " Ha ha ha, you're still so innocent! I sometimes can't think that it was you that was with me in the mortal trial." he laughingly says while standing up and walking away from her.

"Start eating some breakfast. I just need to step out of this room for a bit. I will be back really soon." he says while putting on his outer robe and starts to leave. "Dijun, do you have to go? The last time I was left alone I ended up in the pagoda!" she complains. "That is true." he agrees. He closes his eyes, mumbles a few words and moves his hand a golden sphere appears wrapping around her. Then a giant barrier falls upon the whole chamber.