Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Betrayed

-----

Trust.

It's the word that everyone values. It's the word that everyone are afraid to break. It's the word that hardly to build, but easily to fall. Once it fall into pieces, it will be too hard to build again. It will be harder to build again.

Trust is not like a candy that you can give so easily. It's a thing that you should value. That you should be careful. Trust is everything. Without any trust, you can't do anything good. Why? Because everyone who doesn't and couldn't trust you, will not believe any single word from you. Will not believe any single action from you. They won't believe you.

If you want to gain friends, fame, or love, you should gain trust first. It's the most important thing in this world. Trust. Tiwala. Tiwala hindi lang para sa iba. Kun 'di tiwala na rin para sa sarili mo.

Paano ka magtitiwala sa iba kung hindi mo man lang kayang pagkatiwalaan ang sarili mo? You should trust yourself first before trusting anyone. Because in the end of the day, the only one you have is yourself. Only yourself.

"You don't need to worry anymore, Anitha. Once we got her, the whole Shotguns will be gone too." Carlos said while he was sitting in front of me.

I was staring at the photos that Carlos gave to me when he entered my office. I was in the company for days now. Carlos suddenly came and gave these photos to me, saying that one of our employee that I trusted was the one who planned to scare me to death at the parking lot.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. I just know that I felt so betrayed. I trusted her. I trusted her so much. I gave her my trust without knowing that she can do this to me.

My gaze turn to Carlos, who was waiting for me to look at him. Since the Evil Mafias were the real rival of Shoguns, they insisted to me that they will be the one who will catch the culprit of what happened to me. They even sent some of their men to guard me without me knowing. They want me safe since they know Shotguns. Since it's their enemy, not mine.

"May I know her reason? Why did she do that?" I asked, completely feeling betrayed.

"She's the queen of Shotguns. It's normal for her to take revenge for her dead boyfriend and unborn child." Carlos said before sighing. "Jake thought that he already killed her, but look. She's alive and taking revenge."

"Pero bakit ako? Bakit sa 'kin? Bakit ako nadamay?" Naguguluhang tanong ko sa kaniya. "Kasi kahit saang anggulo ko tingnan, wala pa rin akong makuhang sagot, Carlos. Bakit niya ginawa sa 'kin 'yon? Anong ginawa ko sa kaniya para ganituhin niya ako?"

"Because she knows that you're close to Lance's wife." Sagot niya bago bumuntong hininga. "Alam niyang malapit ka kay Samantha, na asawa ni Lance, na miyembro ng Evil Mafias, na pumatay sa lalaking mahal niya at sa anak niyang hindi pa napapanganak. Gagamitin ka niya laban kay Samantha para magalit si Sam kay Lance. Matalino 'to, Anitha. Kapag puno ng galit ang isang tao, tumatalino."

Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala hanggang ngayon sa mga nalaman ko. Sa natuklasan ko.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang dapat kong maramdaman dahil iyong isang tao na minsan ko nang pinagkatiwalaan ay balak pa akong gamitin para makapag-higanti. Oo nga't namatayan siya ng lalaking mahal niya. Oo nga't nawalan siya ng anak. Pero sapat na ba ang rason na 'yon para gamitin ako? Para idamay ako?

Kung gusto niyang maghiganti, ipakulong na lang niya ang mga 'yon. Pero hindi niya ginawa dahil alam niyang hindi niya magagawa.

Masyadong malakas at mapanganib ang organisasyong iyon na hindi mo na iisiping kalabanin pa sila. Pabukas pa lamang ang bibig mo, may bala na ang ulo mo.