Page 4

In the morning, I got my bag and was about to walk to my car. I looked to my right and saw Ranboo. He gave me a wave and I smiled. I drove to school and walked to my group of ballet friends.

"I heard that we have a new boy in our class. I wonder who'll get a duet with him," Jessica said.

"First see if he's good at what he does," I said.

"Yeah. What if he's supposed to lift you and just drops you?" Carly asked.

"Have some hope, guys," Jessica said. "That's him."

"He's hanging out with the video game boys," Carly said. We looked as some boy went to Ranboo and his friends. Ranboo looked at me and Jessica saw.

"You can do better than him," she said.

"Back off, Questlove. She's too good for you," Carly said and they pulled me to walk away.

"Come on, babes," they said and we gave them the middle finger.

"Nice ass," one of the football guys came over.

"Fuck off," I stated.

"I'm one of few 17 year olds here. Just consent to me." I grabbed Carly's binder and slapped him across the face with it. I walked away and got to class.

After school, I got home and started working on the hotel when I got a call.

"Hello, Dream," I said.

"I'm outside. Open your door," he said.

"My front door?" I asked.

"No. Your back door," he said sarcastically. "Yes, your front door." I ran an ad in my stream and some music as I ran down. I opened the door and Dream walked into the kitchen. He got the cake and did his thing like he knew the place. I went back up and he walked in with a slice of cake. "Hi, chat," Dream said. "What are you building?"

"A hotel for Ranboo. I'm getting paid $20 an hour. Do I live in Florida? God, no. I'll tell you that." I played, then ended after raiding Tommy.

"Why did you end?"

"I have homework." I started and Dream finished his slice.

"Can I have the cake?"

"I charge. $49.99." He sighed and Venmoed me the money.

"I'm Clay, by the way," he put his hand out.

"Angelica," I shook his hand. He left with the cake and I shut the door. Five minutes later, the bell rang and I let Ranboo in. "Hi," I said.

"I saw what you did. That was so bad ass!" He said.

"Uh-Huh."

"Is that your group of girl friends?"

"Yeah. We have more friends. They just head to class before we do," I shrugged and shut the door, walking to the living room.

"What are you studying?"

"I'm not really... I'm into performing." He nodded and we talked for a bit. I was honestly less upset and could be open with him. He went home and mom came back the next day after I was done with school. The bell rang and I opened it to find Ranboo and his mom.

"Hi," Ranboo said.

"Ashley?" His mom saw my mom.

"Oh, hi! It's been so long!" Mom said and gave her a hug.

"Angelica, you've grown so much," Ranboo's mom said and I gave a smile. Ranboo ignored me and we all sat on the couches. I avoided Ranboo's look and he broke.

"Why didn't you tell me we knew each other?" Ranboo yelled.

"You hurt my feeling, okay?" I asked. "I had a reason to not tell you."

"You left the school! My friends ditched me and you weren't there! We were friends!"

"Yeah. For 10 years. Now you know how I felt when you left me!" I said, tears in my eyes that soon fell down my cheeks. He stopped yelling and I walked out of the living room.

"We're going home," his mom pulled him out. I stopped crying and mom came in.

"You never told me what happened with him," she said.

"I was too hurt to say anything," I said. I told her the whole story of our conversation and she gave me a hug. "I didn't get it. He ditched me for a new friend group and then expected me to be there for him when he was ditched." I shook my head and sighed. "I'm okay. I'm just gonna stream for a bit."

"Okay. Want Mamabow to be here?"

"That would be cool," I smiled and pulled a second chair over to the set up. I sat in my chair and started streaming. She kept her mask and sunglasses in case. "Hey, guys. I have Mamabow with me and we're planning on doing a Q&A thing," I said. "Nothing too personal, but just stuff you wanna know." People asked questions and they wanted a face cam stream. "Okay, let me get my stuff on," I said and put on the mask and sunglasses. Mom did as well and I turned the face cam on. I put my gloves on and we waved.

"Someone said you have long fingers," mom said.

"No, I don't. I just have nails," I said. We talked and I ended after a while when mom had to go home. "Let's get a bye Mamabow in the chat." Everyone commented and I ended. She left and I had to go to school the next day. I walked out to my car and saw Ranboo from the corner of my eye. I ignored him and drove to school. I met with my friends.

"He's watching you," they said.

"Let's go in," I said and we went to class. I got into my ballet outfit and they joined. We stretched and then class started.

After school, I got home and my bell rang. I opened it to see Ranboo.

"Angelica... I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. Yesterday... the past... I was at fault. I never should have lashed out yesterday. I was the one who ditched you and expected you to stay here. I want us to continue our friendship from where we left off because you were my best friend that I made the mistake of ditching," Ranboo said and I hesitated. "I wanna catch up with you. I'll change. I promise I've changed."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry," he hugged me and I hugged back. Ranboo was much taller than me.