Chapter 51:Just like that

The following morning the papers were plastered with pictures of Lily,James and their one year old son Harry,smiling excitedly but the article told a different story.

The Potters had died last night.Voldemort had come for Harry and miraculously the one year old had been able to kill Voldemort.
"That's some kid"Jack laughed handing the paper to Estella.

As she read the fine print her knees went from under her and she fell down tears flowing down her cheeks.
"Their....the..their d..de..dead"She managed after a few minutes.
"Yeah the kid killed you know who though,all he's left with is a small scar on his forehead,it's crazy"Jack said not noticing his wife on the floor as he flicked his wand around to wash,dry and put away dishes.
"Their dead?"Estella said again seemingly in her own trance.

"Why is Mummy on the floor?"Diana asked toddling into the kitchen,Cece and Violet following.
"Aunt Estella"Cece cried alerting Jack who finally turned around
"Ell"he sighed softly bending down beside her.
"They..they didn't deserve this"Estella told him
"Of course they didn't...it was cruel"Jack consoled brushing her hair off her face.
"They were the best people out there"Estella smiled as memories of her friends came flooding back.

"Are you ok Mummy?"Diana asked cautiously approaching Estella.
"Mummy's just upset about something" Jack smiled at his eldest daughter.
"Let's go play"Cece suggested taking the toddling violets hand in hers and signalling for Diana to join them.
"Dolls?"Diana questioned turning her attention to her older cousin.
"Dolls"Cece smiled leading the way out of the kitchen.

"They...they can't be gone!" Estella cried
"Oh love"Jack consoled pulling her close to his chest,stroking her hair lovingly.

Estella had never felt so lost in her life,James and Lily had been two of the best people she'd known,seeing them had become harder over the years but they'd still been some of her best friends and now they were gone.

Loss wasn't something Estella was used to,or at least not the mourning part,She'd never been close to her Father so after the original tears she'd moved on and Regulus had never liked her much so their relationship was non existent so she'd moved on but now she had actually cared and had a relationship with James and Lily and just like that they were gone.