Chapter 2: The sorting ceremony

Estelle followed the directions of a half breed giant. Into boats which led them up to the castle while Cissy and her friends took carriages up to the castle.

They stood at the entrance to the great hall waiting for Professor McGonagall being from a Pureblood family Estella had met two other Pureblood girls on the train Adeline Abbott and Maureen Bullstrode who she'd become fast friends with. Professor Mc Gonagall emerged and told them about the houses and Estella tuned out she already knew where she was going Slytherin as Bella says it's basically the house of black,Not one black has ever been in any other house it's practically a disgrace to the family name,Mother thought Dromeda would end up in Ravenclaw but thank Merlin she's a Slytherin just like Bella and Cissy.

Professor McGonagall led the first years into the hall.Estella looked over and saw her three sisters in different part of the table Bella,who winked at her, was surrounded by admirers, her raven curls where bouncing down at her hips complementing her hourglass figure perfectly. Cissy,who smiled happily at her,was surrounded by the group of friends Estella had met on the train but it was very clear that Cissy was there leader and lastly,Meda, who was sitting her head in a book beside one of two friends and a large group of boys fawning on her,playing with her ponytail and putting arms around her... she looked up and smiled brightly and waved at her younger sister,she then realised Estella had noticed her 'admirers' and blushed gently before returning to her book.

The sorting hat sang a song and the whole hall burst into loud applause Bella didn't clap as she didn't believe the hat was all that great. Estella watched as many of her new classmates got sorted she wasn't really paying attention until
"Black Sirius" was called she saw her cousin stumble up to the stool and sit down after a few moments the hat announced "Gryffindor"their were shrieks and hushed whispers but Sirius just walked over and sat down beside James and some red headed girl who looked extremely appalled at the sight of James.
"Black Estella" was called and the hall fell into an uncomfortable silence,Estella looked around and saw Sirius grinning at her,Bella looking at her a determined look in her eyes,Cissy with a questioning look and Andromeda with a smile that clearly said 'I love you no matter what"

"Ah a Black I see your cousins brain is a lot more open then yours but as was your sisters and she pleaded for Slytherin"
"You know nothing about my family hat"Estella spitted
"Ah you see Ms.Black your future choices will determine you it seems you're only interest is pleasing Your eldest sister Bellatix well then what is it You of the Nobel and most Ancien house of Black....Toujours Pur ?
Well well then your sly and cunning though I can see a Bellatrix/Andromeda mix in you
I'd watch myself Ms.Black make the right choice"
"Better be.....Slytherin"

Estella sighed in relief and ran to where Bella was clapping madly tears forming in her eyes,Cissy was smiling wider than before clutching Lucius for support and Andromeda was running to meet her sister. Estella sat down beside Bella who placed her hand on her shoulders
"Well done Esti"she smiled that rare smile only available for her favourite sister which caused a few boys to sigh and wolf whistle until Bella sent them a glare,Andromeda then appeared Estella's side and knowing she wouldn't hug her as she normally would've she patted her back and whispered "See what I mean don't let them change you" Estella gave her a warm smile that was reserved between the four black sisters that meant 'sisters forever' Andromeda returned the smile and left to return to her friends. Lastly was Cissy,Estella and Narcissa has been close until Cissa came to Hogwarts and they gradually became more and more distant so the next thing Cissa did shocked Estella majorly she reached down and gave her a hug and muttered "I have my best friend back" as Estella pulled away she gave her the same smile she had Andromeda and watched as she walked away hips swaying.

Estella followed the Slytherin prefect down towards the dungeons after the feast when they reached there she saw a portrait of Salazar Slytherin "Toujours Pur"The prefects called as the portrait opened to reveal the Green common room. Estella smiled as she thought of her family's motto being the password to the common room in her mind it showed the Blacks Power in the wizarding world it was a thought that made her very very happy.To Andromeda it was a disgust that Always Pure was the meaning of their password the poor half bloods and muggleborns in Slytherin to Bellatrix it was the same as Estella but more it was proof that Pureblood were superior what other evidence did mudbloods need and to
Narcissa well that's the problem Cissa had no idea what it meant to her as she saw countless time her sister,Bellatrix,hexing mudbloods and she also saw that once Bella and her little gang had cleared off Andromeda would help them to the hospital wing and she really wondered whether she should be like Meda or Bella but she knew there was no in between she was a Black and soon enough she was going to have to chose Meda or Bella, Blood Purity or not and she really didn't know where she was supposed to stand.