Chapter 31:Home for Christmas

Time Skip to Christmas
⚠️ this chapter is quite sad and does mention death and lots of crying

Estella waved goodbye to Adelaide and the Fawley twins after exiting the Hogwarts Express and walked towards where her mother was standing on the platform.

"Mother"Estella greeted before looking around for her father.
"Where is Father??"

"Esti dear"her mother began as she waved her over to a bench,sat down and patted the spot beside her.Estella sat down reluctantly as her mother placed her arm around her shoulder.

"Esti,your father,well,he isn't doing well"her mother began as Estella breathed in harshly.
"How....how bad is he?"she stuttered
"He's bad Est"Druella muttered "He won't recover my dear"Druella sighed rubbing the back of Estella's hair.

Estella felt a few tears trickle down her face but quickly shook them away remembering showing emotion was not a trait her Father would approve of.
"Come along dear"Druella said after a few moments of silence.Estella nodded slightly and followed her mother out of the station.
________________________________

Estella got home to see Narcissa standing there.
"Cissa?"she questioned
"Esti"she smiled embracing her sister in a hug.
"How..how is he?"Estella asked Narcissa's silence told Estella everything and she rushed up the stairs to her parents room to see her father's usually red face as white as a sheet his eye lids shut but his chest rose and fell gently but the amount of magical machines surrounding made her think he really wouldn't be around much longer.

She felt tears falling down her cheeks and turned to leave the room before she heard croaking
"Estella"

She turned and saw her father slowly reaching his arm out towards her.
"Father"she cried as she ran towards the bed,sat down on the bed clutching his shaking hand in hers.
"My dear"he croaked "listen to me care....carefully"he coughed "You need to marry Jacob Nott"

Estella nearly choked on her own tears.
"What?!"
"I...I need to see my baby girl get married"he shook as Estella looked at him as if he were mad.Marry Jack?!
She'd literally just came around to the idea that she was getting married this year never mind this week.
And his baby girl! What happened to her unemotional strict father.
"I...I"Estella stuttered
"Please my darling"her father coughed

"Estella dear it's what's best"her mother exclaimed rushing into the room and sitting down beside Estella on the bed and taking her free hand.
"Mother"Estella began to cry,she knew she really had no say in the matter but she wasn't ready but she also wasn't ready to do it without her father....

"I....I guess I need a wedding dress"