4. family

"we need to make a checkup on you, can we wake him up?"

jeongguk frowned. taehyung was still laying next to him on the hospital bed, sleeping and the nurse just entered the room, bringing him food and informing him that the doctor is going check him and his wounds up.

but to do that, he would have to wake taehyung up, which he does not want, considering the brunet had cried so much and just got over a night of no sleep.

"can you come in later again? like in an hour, please?"

the nurse just looked at him surprised. "sir, you were in a car accident, you need to get checked up-

"i feel fabulous." he smiled. "and i don't want my friend next to me to wake up, he had a rough day yesterday. so euhm, please come back later."

the nurse scoffed, not having expected that a minor would talk to her like this. "I'll come back later then," she said and left.

once the nurse was gone again, he took a deep breath and then looked to taehyung. he patted the boy's hair, before lying down more comfortably, deciding to take a nap too.

"sir, please wake up, we really have to make a check up on you now."

both taehyung and jeongguk slowly woke up from their sleep. taehyung sat up almost immediately, fists moving up to his eyes, rubbing them. jeongguk yawned and turned his back to taehyung, then groaned because it just hurt so much.

the boys opened their eyes almost at the same time, being surprised when they saw a nurse looking at them with fond eyes.

"slept well?" taehyung nodded shyly and jeongguk hummed, sitting up too.

"o-oh," taehyung stuttered with red cheeks, as he noticed the situation.he wanted to leave the bed, but jeongguk held him back, smiling. "just stay, i don't mind."

taehyung looked to him and nodded. the boys then turned back to the nurse, who tried to keep her coos by the youngsters' cuteness to herself.

"taehyung, right? you can sit next to mr jeon, but you have to move a little more to the side, so i can take a look at his wounds." the nurse smiled and taehyung nodded, scooting a little to the side.

he watched intently how the nurse took care of jeongguk and swapped his bandages.

"d-does it look bad?" the youngest asks and the nurse shook her head. "nothing that won't heal."

she then looked up to jeongguk. "you will probably have to stay for a month or so, since we have to check up on you daily. your school will be informed and your parents-

"my brother," jeongguk interrupted, a bitter tone in his voice. "i live with my older brother and his boyfriend."

taehyung looked to him, sensing sadness in the older's voice and posture.

"i'm sorry," the nurse said, giving him a sympathetic look. "i will inform them about your stay here." she then left the room, leaving the youngster's alone.

"jeongguk?" the 15 years old asked quietly after a while, since the older hadn't budge nor said anything after the nurse left. "are you alright?"

"don't you have to be home? by your parents? or go to school?" taehyung was surprised to suddenly hear jeongguk say such bitter things, causing tears to form in his eyes.

"i-i have a home and i should be at school-

"then that's where you should be. you shouldn't be here.. your parents are probably worried about you."

jeongguk's parents had left him alone when he was still a little kid. he was an orphan most of his life, until namjoon's family met him and adopted him when he was ten. he never saw them as his family though, since they kind of only got him because namjoon's mother was unable to get children anymore. they never really accepted him though. he only had namjoon.

he and jin are his only family, the ones who actually treat him like he belongs with them. his older brothers.

so he never really had parents.

but so did taehyung, who grew up with his grandma, who isn't even his real grandma, his parents left him on her doorstep when he was still a baby.

taehyung felt tears burning in his eyes, but he was scared to cry in front of the 17 years old right now. "my parents are gone."

jeongguk's heart dropped and he quickly turned to look at taehyung with widened eyes. "o-oh my god, i-i am so sorry, tae-

"it's alright," taehyung whispered, "you couldn't know."

jeongguk felt shitty and comfortingly hugged the smaller male. "i'm still sorry. i shouldn't let it out on you."

taehyung nodded softly. "where are your parents, if i may ask?"

jeongguk tensed a little, but at this point he knew he owed taehyung an explanation. "they left me when i was kid."

"you're still a kid." taehyung giggled lightly, trying to light up the mood. he doesn't like talking about his parents and sensing by jeongguk's behavior, neither does he.

jeongguk eased up by the younger's words. "i'm not a kid."

"you're still not 18."

"you're a kid."

"yes i know, we're both kids." taehyung smiled.

jeongguk smiled, it's cute how easy taehyung got distracted and was able to smile again. he wished he could do the same sometimes.

"but you are right." taehyung got down from the bed and jeongguk eyed him worriedly.

the brunet took his backpack and swung it over his shoulder. "i should go to school. i can't miss today and i have to tell grans that i will probably sleep at my friend's house again."

a smile was on the brunet's face as he went over to jeongguk and gave him a tight hug. "you wouldn't mind if i come back, no?"

jeongguk eyed the boy for a few seconds, surprised. "of course i won't, but don't you want to sleep in your own bed?"

taehyung shook his head. "you saved my life, i won't leave you alone," he said with the brightest smile.

"sure, buddy. should i tell the nurses to give you a spare bed?"

"that'd be great," taehyung responded, "and thank you so much for saving me and i'm sorry."

shaking his head reassuringly, jeongguk waved it off. "it's okay. i'm glad, since i don't have to go to school."

taehyung hummed. "see you later then," he smiled, waving as he left through the door, skipping down the halls of the hospital.

jeongguk smiled at the closed door. "cute."

author
idk what's wrong with me, i feel stressed for no reason, like my last exam is in 9 days and i'm already done with all the rest but i still feel so restless and idk why (this has nothing to do with wattpad so dw)

maybe i should sleep more