11. europe

"babies, i have to tell you something," ayeong announced with a more serious tone in her voice, as she served the food on the plates. they all don't remember when she began calling jeongguk and taehyung her babies, but it just came naturally and they went along with it.

the two boys were currently bickering over something unimportant again, but once they heard their grandma's words they stopped instantly, shifting their full attention to her.

"what is, nana?" jeongguk asked, imitating taehyung's deep voice when saying 'nana', to which the younger hit him. "you're annoying."

jeongguk chuckled, not sparing his best friend a glance. "don't you have any other insults?"

"you wish for this to be only an insult. it's a fact- you're annoying." taehyung crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

"you two seriously are something else." ayeong's voice drifted in as she softly shook her head, amused. "but i need you to listen to me now."

taehyung shushed jeongguk, noticing their grandma was really serious about the topic she was going to talk about. "did something happen, nana?"

a snort sounded from left to taehyung and taehyung squinted his eyes at jeongguk who tried to hold his laughter back.
"nana~" he whispered into taehyung's ear and the younger shoved him away, almost pushing him off his chair. nana is a nickname Taehyung had always used to call his grandma, but jeongguk had began mocking him for that, saying a deep voice like his saying that sounds just funny to him. at first Taehyung ignored it but now the older has gotten a tick to annoying for his liking.

"i decided to travel the world."

"what?!" both boys looked at her with a shocked expression, while she gave them a warm smile of hers.

"now that you're both in college and i know you can take care of yourselves, i thought about trying out something new."

still not believing what they were hearing, jeongguk and taehyung just continued to stare at her with wide eyes. "h-how long?"

she leaned back. "i'll... move completely, probably."

"MOVE?!" taehyung and jeongguk both sat up.

the woman sighed by her grandchildren's reaction "yeah, i always wanted to live in europe and i don't know, i've thought about it for a while and you two are old enough now to
handle yourselves. it just... it had always been a dream of me."

yes, she was addressing both. although this wasn't jeongguk's actual home and he lives with seokjin and namjoon together, he spent this past few years most of the time here and ayeong has both him and taehyung enclosed into her heart.

"that's amazing granny, i'm happy for you," jeongguk smiled, "we'll miss you though." he added, voice a tad quieter, displaying the sadness that this new information caused.

"i'll miss you too, i just know paris won't be ready for me," she joked, swinging her hips and taehyung whined embarrassed, while jeongguk laughed.

"so that means we only have each other now." jeongguk smiled as he nudged the younger boy's shoulder next to him.

"y-yeah," taehyung wasn't as energetic as the other two about it. sure, he is extremely happy for his grandma, that she is able to follow her dreams and do what she wants and desires, but all in all he felt so sad. jimin moved away, his grandma will be gone- what happens if jeongguk leaves too? he doesn't know if he would be able to live alone. of course, for the beginning he lives in campus- and jeongguk isn't far... but what if he finds no other friends on campus? doesn't jeongguk have his own friends there?