30. revenge

a week and a half later

"[...] because you are the biggest asshole and don't think that i will ever gonna accept you again! you fucking hurt my best friend, and i will hurt you! you will pay for this! and even if that means i will have to personally fly to your damn company! i know your building is huge and trust me, you know me, i will find a way to throw you out of that window! i won't hesitate, i dare you! i will fucking kill—

"okay chim that's enough!" taehyung hit the back of his best friend's head, taking the older's phone away. his lips curled up a little as he looked at the almost twelve minutes long voice mail that jimin just recorded to send to Jeongguk.

the blond huffed, ripping his phone away from taehyung's hands. "i wasn't done yet..." he mumbled with a pout.

taehyung laughed, letting himself fall onto the couch. "yeah, it's the third one you recorded today though. if he was interested he would've answered," he shrugged.

jimin sat down next to him. "how do you feel?"

the previous smile on taehyung's face dropped and he grabbed the pillow next to him, hugging it. "i feel... empty."

jimin smiled sadly. "he doesn't deserve you. it happened so unexpected, i never thought he'd—

"i know.." taehyung took a deep breath. "but he will pay for it." he stated in determination, a smirk on his lip.

jimin rolled his eyes. "honestly, just drop him."

taehyung chuckled, he knew jimin would say that. "i still love him and i still feel betrayed and all, but i found a way to pay him back."

a confused expression formed on jimin's face. "how?"

taehyung smiled cheekily, pulling out a letter from behind. "two days ago, i received the results for my first script from the publishing firm here in seoul," he stated proudly.

jimin's eyes lit up and he gasped. "what how are they?! why didn't you tell me?"

taehyung looked down at the paper. "well, i had to think."

"about what?"

"apparently, it was so good, they recommended me to join bigger publishing firms."

jimin couldn't believe his ears. "how the fuck were you able to hide these amazing news from me?!"

taehyung shrugged.

"so that's why you haven't been crying over jeongguk these past days— ouch, hey!"

taehyung hit the back of his head, feeling his heart sting a little. of course he had cried again, everyday. it has been only a week, he can't overcome it that fast. but after receiving this letter, there was hope.

"shut up and read."

jimin took the letters when taehyung handed them to him and skimmed the informations, eyes widening when one information had him stop and hold his breath.

"here are some publishing firms we would like to recommend to you:

- sheng-publishing (daegu)
- literature and poetry yang (ilsan)
- jeon publications (busan)
- ...

"holy— jeongguk's company! that's—

"i was surprised myself," taehyung interrupted. "but this way.. i will work with him and see how things are going. he can't just ignore me after he left such a big scar on me. he dropped that invitation without a damn word and..." he trailed off.

jimin knew what goes on. "you miss him, don't you?"

taehyung turned away and blinked the tears that arose away, before turning back and smirking. "no, i don't, i—

"bitch, i just saw you almost cry, shut up!" Jimin wrapped his arms around his best friend, who really was on the edge of crying. "baby, i believe in you. work with him and show him what he lost, make him..." jimin smirked, grabbing taehyung's shoulders, "make him desire you."

taehyung raised an eyebrow, in surprise. "what?"

the blond nodded. "you heard me right, tae. i know your book will be successful and also, the story line might take jeongguk's interest." he added, wiggling his eyebrows.

taehyung's eyes widened. right. the book basically is about his and jeongguk's relationship, starting with the car accident when they still were kids. Now that he thinks about it, he feels a light sting in his heart.

jeongguk was the biggest part of his teenager years, his best friend, first love and boyfriend, but he decided to throw it all away— just like that.

taehyung isn't someone who's pushy, he won't go up to jeongguk and beg him to come back to him. He will make jeongguk come back on his own, unless he really never felt anything for taehyung . there's no way it all vanished just like that.

"chim?"

"hmm?"

"pack your things, get hoseok and let's visit your fam in busan."

jimin smirked. "are you gonna sign up in jeongguk's company?"

taehyung looked at the letter and took a deep breath. he smiled. "i guess so."

love makes people desperate and taehyung knows, he had better chances in other companies and he still choses jeongguk's.

hopefully, he won't regret it.

he frowned. maybe, he pretends to choose jeongguk's company to pay him back for breaking his heart like that.

but deep down he knows, regardless of anything that might've happened... he'd still choose jeongguk. always.

"hoseok, can you drive?" jimin questioned his boyfriend, who nodded. "of course."

taehyung was sitting in the backseat, chewing on his lip. is this a good idea? he doesn't know, is it worthy to run after someone who obviously... was engaged?

taehyung sucked in a deep breath, to stop the tears that stung in his eyes. jimin frowned seeing that through the mirror. "you good, bear?"

hoseok also gave the youngest a worried glance, that had taehyung finally breaking out in sobs. again. he spent a lot time crying over jeongguk in these past years. he always missed him, almost cried, when a number was mentioned, that was close to the distance of kilometers that are between the two.

taehyung loved jeongguk more than anything else.

"baby, please don't—

"let him, chim.." hoseok spoke quietly, "he needs to let it out.

and so they let taehyung cry and mentally prepare himself for what the future held.
and that was

meeting his cheater boyfriend.