37. finally

it knocked on the door. jimin quickly went to open up and widened his eyes when he saw taehyung.

with jeongguk.

his rage was almost instantly visible on his face, as he pushed past the door, past taehyung and grabbed jeongguk by the collar, who didn't even flinch. "what do you think you're doing here?!"

panicked, taehyung grabbed jimin's wrist, trying to make him pull away. "stop! he didn't do anything—

"i knew you'd forgive him. that's so stupid of you, you know what he—

"it was a misunderstanding!" taehyung finally pried jimin's hands off from jeongguk and stepping in between them, shielding the raven haired. "we were tricked!"

jimin raised an eyebrow, his eyes piercing through jeongguk. "tricked? did he say that?"

well, yes, but they had evidence and taehyung knew jeongguk wasn't lying. he wouldn't do such a horrible thing, no he knows that. "can you please hear us out?"

jimin's eyes finally fell to taehyung, seeing his pleading expression. he sighed. "what happened?"

they stepped inside, jeongguk staying close to taehyung, just in case jimin wants to attack him again. he was the first one to speak up when the three of them sat down on the couch of the hotel room. "first of all, there's no engagement, i never cheated on taehyung and the reason you all got no responses from me to your messages was because someone hacked our phones and blocked every connection."

jimin stared at him. then scoffed bitterly. "you think that makes sense? you ignored us and now just want to find an excuse to—

"chim," taehyung interrupted him, "jeongguk thought i broke up with him, that's why he didn't reach out to us. and even if he did, his messages wouldn't have gone through."

jimin looked from taehyung to jeongguk. "why did you think taehyung broke up with you?"

taehyung felt miserable, guilty, because jeongguk was now being held at gunpoint without having done anything wrong. jimin didn't trust him and it might not be taehyung's fault, but technically, he's pissed at jeongguk for his sake.

"he received a message from my number. someone pretended to be me," taehyung explained and jimin finally began adding everything up to a sum.

"you mean someone hacked all our phones and made jeongguk think you broke up with him, then made sure that we can't reach each other at all?" he asked and taehyung nodded, hoping now jimin is going to lower his sword against  jeongguk.

"okay, i understand. but what i don't understand is, why you didn't come to seoul and believed a stupid message!"

taehyung felt his heart get pierced, just imagining how jeongguk must be feeling right now. getting bombarded with stupid accusations that aren't even true.

"jimin, i know you're mad at me and i know i should have come to seoul and see myself," jeongguk began, "i was devastated, okay? i was angry at taehyung for breaking up with me so sudden, but i also believed that it was my own fault because a distance relationship isn't easy and it's because of me that we have one. i wanted to go to seoul, but i didn't want to make it hurt more than it already was," he stated and taehyung eyed him worriedly.

it was so strange to listen to jeongguk say all those things when there wasn't even a break up. he could see though, that during this time jeongguk was hurting as much as he was. taehyung took a deep breath. "i also believed a simple message, chim. i also could have come to busan and see myself. gguk and i were in the same boat, you know how broken i was after that message.

jimin crossed his arms and intensely studied jeongguk. eventually, slowly, a smile crept to his face and he sighed. "i'm so glad.. that it's not true."

jeongguk's scared expression broke into a soft smile when jimin hugged him. he hugged him back, a stone falling from his heart.

"thank you," jeongguk whispered and jimin pat his back.

"did you... hear my voice mails?" the blond asked unsurely and jeongguk shook his head.

"i've been warned though."

Jimin grinned. "You'll get to know a new side of me."

Taehyung laughed, his heart swelling in happiness. Slowly, everything seemed to go back to how it is supposed to be.

As it finally should.