26. birthday

"taeee~ come on get up! you can't spend your birthday mourning just because jeongguk didn't text you!" jimin groaned. it's been already a month since jeongguk moved to busan and since then taehyung and him would text every day, call whenever they have time and just talk and talk and talk.

but they wouldn't talk about the kiss.

it's taehyung's birthday, one day before new year's eve and jeongguk hasn't congratulated him yet, which concerns him. he didn't forget his birthday, right?

"wait, chim i think he'll call in a minute." taehyung stared at his phone screen, which he has been doing ever since his classes ended, waiting for a text from jeongguk.

jimin rolled his eyes. "dumbass," he mumbled under his breath, grabbing his phone to text someone.

?

just fucking come to our dorm
room, he won't leave
his bed before you text him

that's my babyboy
you need to convince him to come
to the yard though

what should i say?

ice cream
he loves ice cream

in winter?

it hits different in winter
he loves it

sure thing captain
and what if he says no?

he won't, trust me

k, wish me luck

"hey tae, you wanna get ice cream?" jimin asked and taehyung's head shoot up instantly. "yes baby!" he shouted excitedly, jumping off the bed to dress up and get his jacket.

jimin watched him, stunned.

?

that boy loves ice cream

told ya :b

"get up chim!" taehyung rushed him from the door and jimin chuckled, grabbing his jacket and left their dorm room, locking it.

taehyung excitedly grabbed jimin's hand, having totally forgotten about jeongguk's message.

"it's been a while since i had ice cream," taehyung mumbled with a smile and jimin returned the gesture.

"the last time was with gguk and hobi. remember?" he continued, his voice sounding more sad, "before jeongguk left."

jimin sighed. although taehyung didn't show it, the fact jeongguk wasn't with him everyday anymore still hurts him. "he didn't leave, he moved. he's still there."

taehyung shrugged with a pout when they walked down stairs. "and probably forgot my birthday."

jimin shook his head. "maybe he's busy, babe. don't break your head over it"

taehyung turned to jimin while still walking and scoffed. "yeah, still, is it that hard to just take a break for a second to text his best friend for his birthday?" he still didn't move his eyes away from jimin, even when they stepped outside. "i mean sure, learning to be a ceo must be hard, but am i not important?"