4 : debut.

~~~

3rd Person POV

The music paused as the Producer clapped his hands signalling to Sunghoon in the recording booth with a thumbs up.

"Was it good?", Sunghoon asked with uncertainty.

"You nailed it! The album is complete. Great job!", The producer praised Sunghoon which made him proud of himself.

It was finally the last day of recording for his debut album. He had just recorded his part in his collab song with Jake which would be included in the album. It just happens to also be the title track.

Jake waited from inside the studio for Sunghoon to enter. As soon as he entered, Jake sprung up from his seat and pulled his boyfriend in a hug, lifting him up and spinning him for a short time. Sunghoon giggled uncontrollably as he was spun around.

The producers and Sunghoon's manager chuckled softly as they saw the lovers embrace. Jake stopped spinning him and let him down but didn't let go of him.

"Good job baby. You're debuting soon. Ah, I'm so excited!", Sunghoon laughed at Jake's enthusiasm and ruffled his hair.

"Drink up. Your throat must have been so dry.", Sunghoon's manager said, giving a water bottle to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon took the bottle, thanking his manager. As he took a big gulp of water, the liquid cooled and hydrated his throat.
Jake brought him to the sofa and sat down next to him. The producer turned to them after doing some tweaks to the tracks.

"So good news is your debut is confirmed to be in about a month or two so if you wanted to include a choreo to perform, you'll still have time.", The producer informed him.

Sunghoon had a choreo in mind and it had to include Jake because their collab is the title track. They had practiced it for so long, late sleepless nights but it felt good to them.

"Yeah, we have a choreo in mind. We practiced it together and everything.", The producer was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

"Well, that's great! Your debut will be smooth sailing then.", The producer said with a cheerful voice.

Jake held Sunghoon's hand and played with it, managing to tickle his boyfriend.
Sunghoon chuckled and looked at his aussie boy.

"You're going to be so busy soon that we'll only get to see each other when we promote the song.", Jake said with a sad pout.

Sunghoon realised that after promoting the song together, the only time they'll get the see each other is after the fansign video call and him promoting a second song in the album which doesn't include Jake.

"We've endured longer than that, Jake. Don't worry, I'll call you whenever I can.", Sunghoon said with a soft smile.

~~~

penguin_hoon finished recording the debut album 😴

username1 @jakey_shim mind giving us a little spoiler 👀
¬jakey_shim yknow I would but my bf would kill me :(
¬penguin_hoon im not saying I would but yes I would.
¬jakey_shim bby 🥺 u know I would never spoil anything...
¬penguin_hoon *press x for doubt* i still love you, don't be sad :)
¬jakey_shim only if you buy me ice cream this time 🥺
¬penguin_hoon 👁👄👁 I- fine-

¬penguin_hoon *press x for doubt* i still love you, don't be sad :)¬jakey_shim only if you buy me ice cream this time 🥺¬penguin_hoon 👁👄👁 I- fine-

jakey_shim guess who just finished recording the collab of the year tdy 👀

username1 JAKEHOON COLLAB YES
username2 omfg yall really wanna tease us like this 😭
penguin_hoon i go away for awhile and this happens-
¬jakey_shim i couldn't resist 🧍
jung_wonie best collab ever wbk

~~~

A month later

KpopNews

Figure Skater Park Sunghoon's upcoming debut solo album has just surpassed 700k stock album pre-orders!

The mini album titled, 'melody' has surpassed 700k pre-orders in just a week. There is no doubt his debut won't be a flop as he already has a big fanbase! His pre-order numbers are close to beating Baekhyun's record of 730k copies and it still can. Congratulations to Sunghoon!

~~~

penguin_hoon 700k pre-orders!! wow

penguin_hoon 700k pre-orders!! wow...i still can't believe it. though that's all thanks to penguins who have stuck with me all this time, i love yall 💕 ill practice hard to make this debut unforgettable !

y_junseo you deserve it little penguin!
jung_wonie better remember me when you get even more famous :(
¬penguin_hoon I would never forget you !
jakey_shim the choreo is hard asf but you deserve this bby! 🥺
¬username2 hard choreo you say 🤔
¬penguin_hoon jake, istg can u stop teasing them- btw thanks bby 😭
0529.jihoon.ig im proud of you little bro 🥺
¬penguin_hoon thanks hyung 😭 i miss you :(
¬0529.jihoon.ig me too :( we have to meet up soon !