1. Dragged Into A New Mess

Music for the chapter: She Wolf by Shakira

If you have seen cats on catnip, then you know what I'm going to talk about.

The world is surrounded by 'crazy and right in front of your face' demons but humans are so blissfully unaware of it. So was I. The main word here is 'was'. I was unaware. Until the demons decided to make their presence be known. The asuras decided to grab me by my leg. No, literally by my leg.

You know how they say ignorance is bliss. It is true. When you don't know about this, you live so relaxed and carefree. Nothing bothering you or worrying you. Then suddenly when this truth is shoved up your ass, you realize how blissful life was when you were ignorant to the world's bullshit.

Now, demons, as those Europeans say, are of three categories. Daityas, Danavas and Rakshasas. Asura is a title give to the strongest of these. The ones who prove their worth and win several gladiator-like battles within themselves are given the title Asura. Asura means one who not sura. Sura refers to gods of swarga. Ones who consume Soma ras. Too much details? Anyway, the point I am trying to convey is that regardless of which one is behind you, if you're not in luck, you're as dead as the actor Imran Khan's career.

The logical question you'd come to think would be, how did I enter this world of supernatural?

Our childhood was comfortable if you exclude the absence of our parents. The topic was avoided like a plague in our home. No one talked about it. As children, we used to ask more but as we grew, it became evident that the topic made our grandfather extremely uncomfortable so we stopped.

Nana was a public figure. A political influencer if one had to be exact. His influence over the people of Uttarakhand made him a political figure. People voted for the one that nana was supporting. This meant that many people would try to butter him and us. The media wouldn't fail to put their focus on us when we walked out in public with him. More so during the election season. So, Sona and I were taught how to behave in public from a young age.

You ask anyone about Daksh Mantri and they will be able to give you his entire history in Uttarakhand. His influence was really good and a lot of the infrastructure that has developed here has come from him.

Our home, Brahmalok, was a luxurious little bungalow on the outskirts of Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. 14 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, two libraries, one study, one large living room, two gorgeous staircases, one kitchen, one storeroom, one large backyard garden, one greenhouse, and a small sitting area in the garden. It had a river beach on the side which was privatized to a certain extent.

Now, to tell you exactly when all this started in my life, I'd take you a week back.

"There is someone on the beach." Harsh pointed out to me while I was in my room reading Vogue Magazine.