16. Battle of Gurukul

Music for the Chapter: Malhari by Vishal Dadlani from Bajirao Mastaani

I stepped back into my cabin. I saw Ashokasundari didi. I didn't try to make a conversation. I simply walked ahead.

"I've heard that you're going for a quest."

"Yes."

"Want any help?"

"No. I have Adi. I wouldn't need anyone. Adi and I can do this on our own."

I shouldn't let her negativity affect me. I only need to be positive and optimistic. I have to be just confident.

"Anything else?"

"No."

I didn't bother to look at her. For all the while we were here, we both hadn't made another conversation. Guru Parshuram had given me explicit order that I shouldn't let negative thoughts come to me. While making the idol of Goddess Kali, I had to remember to have positive energy in me because she resounds the kind of energy you give off. If you give off positive energy, gives it back stronger and more powerful. The same goes for the negative.

For the fast five days, I had managed to control my fears slowly. I had managed to keep myself positive and stay on track.

"Sonakshi..." She tried to get to me.

"I have to go to my class. So, if you could excuse me."

I didn't want to have any conversations that could create issues in my mind again. I've been struggling to keep them together.

Everyone in the class had shown up soon enough. Sitting down, we started with meditation.

Om Namo Ganapataye Namah

Om Namah Shivaya

The chants were heard through the place. Every single student followed the ritual. After that, we always said the Saraswati mantra.

Saraswati namastubhaym varade kamarupini
vidyarambham karishyami siddhirbhavatu me sada

Saraswati Mahabhage Vidye Kamalalochane
Vishwaroope Vishaalaakshi Vidyam dehi namosthuthe

Ya Kundendu Tusharahara Dhavala Ya Shubhra Vastravrita
Ya Veena Varadanda Manditakara Ya Shveta Padmasana
Ya Brahmachyuta Shankara Prabhritibihi Devaih Sada Pujita
Sa Mam Pattu Saravatee Bhagavatee Nihshesha Jadyapaha

Unlike how generally the mantra is recited by people, here it is recited with the proper aroha and avaroha. The sounds often have energy. The mantras have the power of invoking the gods when the right amount of energy is applied. Especially, when one is a devansha. 

By the time our Vandana was done, Guru Atri was already sitting in his place.

The class had begun. Just as important it was to learn Vedas, they deemed it important to teach them moral science. Each science class had an ethical science succeeding the class.