34. A Conversation

Music for the Chapter: Sukoon Mila from Mary Kom

As we left the mansion, a large procession arrived there

As we left the mansion, a large procession arrived there. Several sculptures of infamous asuras were being taken with them. Ashes were thrown over the air like colours on Holi.

"Har Har Mahadev!!" The chants were loud and quite there. We covered ourselves in ashes to blend in with the crowd.

We followed past the guard with the group, almost dancing in the half-drunk crowd. They were already high on bhaang.

Now, I had to think on how to find Adya.

"You all proceed towards Sutala. I'll come with Adya and Nandini."

"Sonakshi, the plan was that Om and I will do that part. You should return with Harsh."

"Akshay, you don't know Adi. I know her. I know what is her track so I can find her better. I know you think this is your job to keep us safe but let me assure you. It is not. You just have to keep an eye on us. I can get Adya."

"I'm not leaving without you, Sona." Harsh made it clear.

"Harsh, weren't you the one who was earlier agreeing with them that if one of us are left behind, the others should go ahead."

"I'm not leaving you behind. That is final."

"Great. We're being idiots now. Emotional idiots." Akshay complained.

"I don't care. No one is forcing you to come with us." I told him.

I checked the tracker.

"Check everyone thoroughly. We cannot afford a mess up." I heard the guards. The female Rakshasi checked me while the others checked the boys.

"Seems like a busy day. I guess a lot of people to check." 

"Yes..."

"What are you looking for?"

"Whole of Patala has been issued a security alert. How come you don't know?"

"Bhaang. You know how it works. Hardly remember stuff." I chuckled. She laughed as an understanding.

"Some intruder has managed to steal an important artifact from the palace's high security. We're looking for it. It is a bow."

"Oh..." Adi. Adi actually managed to get Vijaya. "How did that even happen? I mean the palace is so protected."

"Oh... damn, the scene was crazy. The intruder had bombed the palace and broke the outer wall. From there she has escaped with the bow. Even with the alerts, we still haven't found her."

Bombed? Ahh.... Why did I expect anything subtle from Adi? She ended up bombing the royal palace and escaping with Vijaya.

"I hope we find her." I said and walked ahead, letting her check my bags without causing trouble. When she didn't find anything, she let me go. The Chandrahasa became invisible as I wished.