24. Patala

Music for the Chapter: The Cave of Wonders by Alan Menken from Aladdin (2019)

It was extremely uncomfortable to land on your butt over the rocks. Even if the butt is soft and is full of fat that is like a shock absorber but it does hurt when you land over the rocks.

"Owww... My butt hurts." I complained while getting off the rocks and rubbing my hand over the hurt area.

I looked around and I could swear, this was like a whole different universe. I was so damn amused by its beauty. It was like such a sharp mix between a sharp fantasy forest world and Star Trek modern cities. Large city developments that even we didn't have on earth. Hovering public transport. They were almost like a whale swimming in the air. Tall buildings and beautiful city landscapes. With that, they had such a beautiful forest that was lit up with the help of bioluminescence. It was balanced perfectly well. The architecture was so perfect that you can't find faults in it.

"Where the hell are we? Are you sure this is Patala?" Sona asked, doubtful that an underworld realm could look this beautiful.

"This is Atala. Patala is developed by Mayasura who by far one of the most impressive architects in creation. The only one who can compete with him is Matamaha Vishwakarma. Not to mention Mayasura is quite an expensive architect. He isn't for faint of pocket. He could take anywhere around 300 crores to 8000 crores for simplest architectural work." Omkara explained. Harsh almost coughed at it.

"8000 crores!!! Dude, who has that kind of money? Ambanis?"

Omkara thought for a moment. "Actually, that is somewhere around 10,000 gold bars. To be honest, I think pitashree might have that much. Then again, we have like ages and ages of gold piled up. Though, the most expensive architecture of his was probably Tripura. Around 20,00,000 gold bar were given to him as a price to make the three cities. I guess there has to be more spent to make further additions and all. Also, one of the cities were made of gold mined from Vitala."

"You guys have that much gold?" Harsh asked in shock. 

"Then again, Devi Lakshmi had once gifted Bali a palace made by Mayasura. 28 bedrooms, 18 bathing kunds, 12 balconies, 2 kitchens, two gardens and one large verandah." Omkara said like it was nothing. "That was around 5,00,000 gold bars." 

"Omkara, stop." Harsh said. 

"My father burnt down such an expensive architecture with what, one arrow?" Sona asked, bewildered. "All of that into ashes?" 

"Yeah. It is quite representative, right? Like nothing can truly be forever." Akshay added. 

"That's like 60,000 crores worth property he destroyed," I exclaimed. The number of zeroes is too much. That more than the population of Earth itself. 

"Also, why did that fool build property with such expense and then be dumb enough to take a promise that it will only be destroyed by Mahadev? Especially when they know Mahadev doesn't care much for the money spent on it?" Harsh exclaimed. "Also, how rich were they? That kind of money would even leave Devi Lakshmi herself reeling to fill back the bank account. Like even Jeff Bezos would cry spending that much."