4. Trouble Is Never Far Away

Music for the chapter: Dhoom Again by Vishal Dadlani and Dominique Cerejo from Dhoom 2

The route was set by Nana. Going right up to Tapovan through Old Teri and Gangotri. Rishikesh to Old Tehri. From there to Uttar Kashi. Uttar Kashi to Gangotri. Ahead of Gangotri to Gaumukh and forwards to Tapovan. It should have been a straight 9 hours drive. Considering we would be taking breaks, it would take us around 12 to 13 hours.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"You know how we used to love playing hero when we were kids? That game we used to play, inspired by Shaktimaan and Hero?" Harsh answered.

"Yes. How it has turned real..." I chuckled. The radio played 

"That is what I was thinking. Our imaginary games have now become true."

I was about to say something when Adi pointed to something behind us.

"Sona, Harsh, we're being followed."

"What? Adi, why would we be followed? I think you're just being paranoid."

"I have been noticing it for the past 30 minutes. The car has the same number."

"What if they're also someone who are going to the Gurukul?"

"Then they should have went ahead on the several opportunities they had. They stayed behind us the whole time."

I looked at Harsh. Adi was taking a break while driving so I took the driving.

"I'm calling up Nana." Harsh said while calling up Nana from my phone.

"Sonakshi?"

"Nana, I think one car is following us. Sona is driving but Adi has noticed a car following us."

"We're waiting for you right ahead. Drive to us as quickly and inconspicuously as possible."

"That is highly debatable, Nana. We're driving a jeep. How much do you think we can hide that we're on the phone?" Adi asked. She turned to me. "Sona, let me drive."

"Adi, listen. Don't be foolish. Don't do anything rash. We're near the hills."

"Sona, trust me. Between the two of us, the only one who knows how to drive really fast is me. This isn't Nana's ambassador. You're not good at driving fast." Adi argued.

"Alaknanda, we need to be wise. Once we reach Tapovan we will be safe."

"Nana, they've been behind us for 30 minutes. If their idea was to attack us, they wouldn't have followed us so far. I think they're following us to get to Gurukul."

"Alaknanda, listen..."

Adi poked me to get up and let her drive. Adi has always been the fast one. Someone who enjoyed speed. I enjoyed my moderation.