Practice makes perfect

Elara had been trying to get her newly discovered abilities under absolute control. So far, she was getting somewhere. She could do many things, create things in the palm of her hand, read minds, and create realistic illusions, as if somebody was day dreaming. She was trying it out on Zarkon as of right now. Her glowed white and he was soon cowering from something only he and Elara could see.

"Woman stop this! IT IS NOT FUNNY!" He growled.

He cowered from two kittens, he thinks they're real but it just a hallucination.

"Ok, ok, no more cats." She chuckled, and the cats vanished, she then got a devious idea. She created a hallucination of Thace and herself, she could dig up fear from her targets, but what about fury?

"What. Is. This?!" Zarkon growled in fury.

"I know it kind of hurts but I need to see just how much fury I can dig up from you." She said.

The hallucination was digging up absolute worst in him, it's as if the fake Elara was choosing Fake Thace over him, his worst nightmare, it felt real, too real.

"DIE!" Zarkon roared and threw himself at the fake Thace.

"Ok ok. That's enough hallucinations for today." Elara said and the fake Thace and Elara vanished, but angry Zarkon was still there.

"Of all the hallucinations, you choose that one? Really?!" He growled at her.

"Zarkon relax, something like that would never, ever, ever happen. I wouldn't any man over you. You should know that." She said seriously.

"You're right but have mercy woman... There's only so much I can tolerate." Zarkon sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry but we're not done." She said.

"Oh no..." Zarkon huffed.

"What's one thing you wish you had that you don't have?" She asked.

"A better ring for." He replied.

"What? No. I love the ring I have now." She protested.

"It's old, and you get it cleaned every week." Zarkon said.

"I get it taken care because I treasure it. Duh. I don't need a new one, who's judging? It's not like we're getting married again." She said seriously.

"Just make a ring." Zarkon said, growing annoyed.

"No." She protested.

"Elara, come on, I promised your father that I knew you deserved the best, I will not break that promise." He said, glaring seriously at her.

She sighed in defeat and a pretty nice ring appeared in the palm of his hand.

"Your brutish brain made up something like that?" She gasped.

"You're surprised too?" He asked.

"Very. I'm baffled. It's so... Shiny. I can't wear that." She said, eyes wide as saucers.

"What? Why not?" Zarkon asked, confused as hell, she's always liked shiny things.

"The damn tjong looks ten times better than me, myself, and I." She whined, gesturing to the ring itself.

"No it's not." Zarkon said.

"Yes it i-"

"Just put it on woman." Zarkon snapped, taking the old ring and putting it in her hand.

"Fine, fine. If you're happy, I'm happy." She huffed, giving in.

"Are you done complaining?" He asked.

"Are you satisfied?" She asked at the same time.

"Yes." They both said at the same time. The in sync speech kept going, yes it kept going.

"Stop it!"

"Oh my gods!"

"Really?"

"I'll hurt you."

"ZARKON!"

"ELARA!"

"Goodbye, I'm keeping the old ring by the way." She said and turned to leave.

"Oh I never would've guessed!" He said sarcastically. She stuck her tongue out at him like a child and left.

"I love her but damn... She's difficult." He sighed. He nearly had a heart attack  when he heard her in his head.

'I love you too imbecile."

Old ring-

New ring-

New ring-