Stress and a day with the adopted child

The next day Elara did not feel like getting out of bed today at all, having three biological daughters, one stepson, and one adopted newborn drained her. Zarkon was being an idiot and tried getting her out of bed. Right now she sitting up in bed with their adopted daughter in one arm and Helthena in the other.

"Elara it won't kill you to get up for the day." Zarkon said.

"Excuse me what? I never saw you put up with three teenagers who are at each other's throats all the time while caring for an eight month old and watching over an adopted six day old. I am so tired and stressed out. YOU. WOULD. NEVER. UNDERSTAND. You're busy controlling the empire while I bust my ass making sure the adopted daughter makes it through the night, the 8 month old doesn't shit up her back, and the teenagers don't kill each other. One day off for me WONT KILL YOU. I can literally feel the quintessence being drained from which isn't evening happening but it sure as hell feels like it. Now for the sake of ME let me at least have one day of rest so I don't die of exhaustion because if that was to happen, you'd be screwed. Understood?!" She growled.

"Ok..." was all Zarkon could say.

"Exactly now move on with your day." She said seriously.

Zarkon practically left his feet at that spot as he grabbed Helthena and ran of the door. Elara sighed and looked at the tiny kit in her arms.

"Why can't he be as unproblematic as you?" She sighed again. The tiny kit squeaked in response.

"My words exactly." Elara said as she grabbed a bottle of milk for the yet to be named kit and started feeding her. Names started popping into Elara's head. She seriously just couldn't pick one.

"Lyra? No."

"Rhea? No."

"Cassandra? No."

"Leara? No."

"Artemis? Uh... no"

"Astra? No. Gods, this is gonna be a long day..."

"Tania? Ugh no."

But then she thought of a name she did liked, she liked it because when she was pregnant with Bellatrix, she, Melenor, and Trigel were discussing names for unborn baby Bellatrix and Trigel mentioned a name that was pretty and subtle...

"Farah? Not bad..."

Baby Farah finished her fill and squeaked her adopted mother. Elara's maternal instincts have already kicked in, and so have Zarkon's paternal instincts. This baby would have a good life. I mean who else is more lucky to be adopted by two very overprotective, powerful, intimidating, and most likely willing to kick anyone's ass parents, who also lead a very powerful empire. Not many babies are that lucky except... now they have to worry about space bitch.