A day of emotion

A couple months later  Zarkon and Kolivan were good friends, Krolia and Elara were the best of friends, and Keith and Bellatrix were close friends, along with Hunk and Zanthea and Antok and Sendak. The Paladins, Blades and the Galrans were strong together. Everytime they fought Haggar, they succeeded. Everyone was like family, no matter what. Today, however was a hard day for Allura and Coran. Krolia and Elara were walking through the Castle Ship on their way to meet with the paladins.

"I know your little secret Krolia..." Elara snickered a bit.

"W-What secret?" Krolia asked nervously.

"Krolivan?" Elara said, mushing Krolia and Kolivan's names together. Krolia gasped and stopped in her tracks.

       "How did you know?" Krolia squeaked.

       "Krolia, I'm over 10,000 years old. I know how this stuff works." Elara said, raising an eyebrow brow.

       "Tell nobody! Not even Zarkon, Bellatrix, Zanthea, or Keith!" Krolia hissed.

       "Of course I wouldn't tell anyone! Keith is your kid, he'll have a heart attack!" Elara said, at that moment her ears twitched and perked up hearing faint sniffs, as if somebody was crying. Krolia didn't hear anything, Elara's senes were far more powerful than that of a normal Galran.

        "Whatever, we need to get to the paladins." Krolia said.

        "Yes I know. Go without me I need to check something, I'll catch up." Elara said. Krolia groaned and nodded before walking off. Elara followed the sound of quiet cries and it led to to the Mess Hall where Allura sat alone.

        "Allura, are you alright?" Elara asked, Allura's head shot up and she wiped her tears.

        "I-I'm fine." Allura sniffed. It then hit Elara, it was Melenor's birthday today. Her heart shattered for Allura.

        "I know why you're upset..." Elara said softly, taking seat in front of the princess.

        "I barely got to spend any time with her, I-I was only two." Allura said, tears falling again.

         "My heart broke for you that day Allura. She was my best friend." Elara said, she felt tears threatening her eyes as well.

         "It's like I barely knew her or my father." Allura said, she was sobbing now.

         "I know it's painful but if you'd like I can tell you about them." Elara said, she was seriously holding back enough tears to form a waterfall.

         "I'd like that..." Allura said, smiling a little.

         "Alright hold still." Elara said, she put hands on the sides of Allura's head, letting see her memories, she got this ability because of the quintessence she's been exposed to.

          "Wow..." Allura sniffed. She saw how close Elara and Melenor were and also how close Zarkon and Alfor were. Elara was in tears too.

          "I can't believe we did this to you..." Elara whispered, tears falling from her golden eyes.

          "It wasn't your fault. It wasn't Zarkon's fault either, he wasn't himself. Thank you for this Elara, you're like the mother I never got to have." Allura sniffed, and smiled a little.

           "Aww... I really tried not to cry today." Elara said smiling, she hugged the princess who felt a lot better and felt like she knew her parents a lot better. Who knew quintessence could do something good for a change?