chapter 9

Ada

"You want another drink?"
James asked, supressing another yawn.

"Nah. It's late. I should head home. You should too, before you pass out."

James looked at his watch. "Damn. It's midnight? we've been talking for three hours?"

"Are you worried your pretty face will melt away?" Ada smirked.

"Stop calling me that. It's embarassing." He was blushing again.

When was the last time this guy had been complimented? Ada wanted to find a quiet place and shower him with appreciation.

She chuckled. "Nope. I like it when you get flustered."

He cleared his throat and stood up, putting on his jacket. "Did you drive here?"

Ada clicked her tongue. "I walked."

"But it's cold out there."

"I like the cold."

"Come on, I'll give you a ride."

Ada put a tip on the table. "You don't have to."

"Not as generous tonight, huh?" James asked, eyeing the ten with a little smirk.

She smirked back. "There's only one bartender here I have my eyes on." She zipped up her parka. "I was serious. I'll walk."

"So was I. I'm not letting you walk home while you're drunk..."

"First of all, I'm just a little tipsy, and It wouldn't be my first time."

"Back then I wasn't there to offer you a ride..."

Ada pushed open the door, and almost had a heart attack when she saw the beauty in front of her. How had she not seen this before?

"Holy mother fucking shit, tell me that's yours?" Ada exclaimed, pointing to a black harley davidson in the parking lot.  

"I thought the jacket said it all." James said with a little smugly.

Ada walked towards it, and ran her hand on its smooth surface. "A lot of people wear leather them without actualy owning a bike."

"Well, not me."

He gave her a few more minutes to admire his bike. She could feel him beside her, the warmth of his body, waiting patiently.

"You coming or what?" He rose an expectant eyebrow at her while swinging a jean clad leg over his sweet bike.

"This is your idea of escaping the cold?"

"I could have gotten a car, but I can't stand the confinement."

"I really can't say no to this sweet baby."

He handed her a helmet, while putting on his own. "hop on then."

Ada did, grining like an idiot. "You gotta teach me how to ride this." She put her arms around his waist, and felt his body shake against hers when he chuckled.

"It'll be my pleasure." James started the bike, speeding down the street.

Ada threw her head back, and shrieked with joy, loving the sense of freedom that made her feel alive.