Before Summer

"Haaaaa... Can't wait for summer break.." Sighs a worn out Mia, stretching her limbs, cooling down after an afternoon's training session.

"Me too... Ugh..." Mina groaned beside her sitting down reaching her feet with her legs straight in front of her.

"What do you usually do during summer breaks, Y/N?" Mia asked the silent girl joining them for a cool down.

"I dunno. Stay at home. Study ahead?" Y/N shrugged nonchalantly.

"Whaaat?" The two other girls exclaimed in unison.

"Pffft! Who studies ahead during the most exciting break of the school year? You've got to be kidding me." Mia scoffed.

Y/N shrugged her shoulders yet again, ignoring Mia's usual frank remarks.

"We should go to the beach, with the seniors.. It's our last summer with them anyways." Mina suggested.

"Did somebody say beach?" Bellowed the voice of an energetic Yui from across the court.

"She can hear us? But she's so far away." Mumbled a startled Mia, rising from the court's floor, just in time to sit back down as Yui plopped herself beside the girls with a little grunt.

"So... What about the beach?" Yui giggled, seeing the same enthusiasm on the girls' faces.

-------

Meanwhile...

"Hey, I heard the girls are going to the beach this summer. Yui's asking if we wanted to join." Says Daichi, while him and the boys were changing in the locker room after their own practice.

"Oh, hell yeah! This is our only chance to see the girls in their swim-- Ack!!.. Ow!! What was that for?" Tanaka whined, massaging that part of his head that was hit by Sugawara.

"I think it would be fun, right Tsukki?" Spoke a cheerful Yamaguchi, looking up at Tsukishima who already has a pink hue creeping up his cheeks.

"Hey... I never took you as a pervert. But I'd better warn Y/N about this." Whispered the teasing green-haired boy.

"S-shut-up, Yamaguchi." Tsukishima spat back.

----

After all the hectic trainings both these girls and boys have gone through, a summer break that's worth remembering is in due.

For the first time in a very long time, both teams met coincidentally by the gates and made plans about their trip to the beach. Enthusiasm radiated from both parties as they've finally settled and bid goodbyes for their preparations.

----

As their usual routine, Y/N and Tsukishima walked silently hand-in-hand towards the familiar path to Y/N's home. Tsukishima has been stealing glances towards Y/N, just as brief enough, to look away hiding his flushed face from whatever thoughts he's been having.

"Kei? Is something wrong?" Y/N noticed.

"N-no."

"You stuttered." Y/N rebutted.

"I did not." The blonde boy feigned confidence.

"Then look at me." Y/N gently demanded. "You've been avoiding my gaze since earlier."

With all embarrassment bottled inside him, he finally straightened himself and his face as he looked at Y/N.

"Pfft." Y/N, can't help it. Tsukishima faced her with beet red cheeks and a poor attempt at a smug expression. He was adorable.

"Stop it. You don't know what's running inside my head right now." The boy warned.

"Oohh boy, enlighten me then." The girl teased.

Tsukishima could literally feel something snap inside him making him lose it for a second, pulling Y/N in a little secluded alley and pinning her against a wall with his lips against hers, moans muffled in their sweet heated kiss.

"I know I've already seen some parts of you that you dare not let others see. But the thought of you wearing such revealing clothing, baring your skin under the heat of the sun is driving me crazy, and I want it all for myself... For me and my eyes only..." The boy whispered menacingly in Y/N's ear. The girl was baffled at first, yet enjoyed Tsukishima's possessiveness, and she's all in for teasing him further.

"I can't just wear sweatshirt and pants to the beach, can I? That will make me look weird." The girl replied.

"Then I'll make sure, you wear something decent, at least." He rebutted.

"And how will you go about that?" Y/N inquired, chuckling in amusement.

----

"Alright, this is outright ridiculous. I don't know why he's making me do this." The girl mumbled as she gathers a bunch of pairs of swimsuit that she has inside her closet. Most of them were brand new, since she haven't gone anywhere without her parents, let alone to the beach.

"Hmmm, which one should I try first?"

The girl chose one of the simplest two piece set in the heap. It was rose colored, with a very plain design. As she fitted into those, she took a mirror selfie without caring how it'd turn out. She just wished for this ordeal to be over so she could finally rest.

After sending the photo to Tsukishima, she patiently waited for an approval.

-----

On the other hand, the receiving end scrambled frantically to hide his phone and his flustered face from their dinner table and excused himself with his food half-way eaten. Then as soon as he reached the privacy of his room, he oggled over the beauty that is Y/N, non-chalantly posing in her two piece, in the photo she sent him.

His heart was racing with pride and embarrassment.

Despite the simple and modest design of the swimsuit, the color flattered Y/N's complexion, enough for any guy to get flustered the soonest they saw her, so he replied..

Kei: "No.. Pick another one.."

----

"Ugh, seriously..." Y/N groaned, picking another swimsuit to try on.

----

After 3 more photos, Tsukishima just couldn't handle it anymore. Everything looked so good on Y/N, no matter how plain and increasingly modest the designs were. He wasn't just being plain possessive, but he was doing it for the both of them. He knows, all too well, that he's at his limit, saving his lustful intentions until Y/N was ready. They've been together for more than a year now and haven't gone all the way yet.

A minute has passed since the last photo and Tsukishima forgot to send a reply, until he was reminded by a message from Y/N.

Y/N: "Kei? Still there?"

----

Tsukishima: "I'm here. Why can't you just wear a pair of shirt and shorts to the beach?"

Y/N: "lol. Don't be ridiculous. I think these are pretty harmless."

Tsukishima: "You really don't have any idea do you? I don't think I could ever hold myself back from whatever I wanted to do to you, if I ever see you in one of those. "

----

As expected, silence followed Tsukishima's message. Making him lightly smack his forehead against the screen of his phone. He might've scared Y/N now. He immediately thought of apologizing to Y/N and vow that he'll control himself whatever happens while they're together during the summer.

With a deep breath, he started to type until a reply from Y/N stopped him dead in his tracks.

Y/N: "Then don't..."