Apartment

"Make yourself at home." Mia smiled as she welcomed Y/N into the apartment she now shares with her boyfriend Yamaguchi.

After taking off her shoes, she stepped into a simple, yet cozy home. She saw pictures of Mia and Yamaguchi in frames, some hung on the wall, while some were placed neatly on the shelves in the living area. Couple mugs were peeking from the cupboard above a tiny kitchen counter.

Their place was small, but it displays a home filled with warmth and joy.

Y/N watched as the two sweetly bickered and make up in the kitchen while arranging some drinks to offer their guest.

----

Regret. That was all there is to feel. Y/N's thoughts drifted her away into a past she was trying so hard to forget.

----

She remembered a day in their high school's roof deck, while she was sitting on the floor with her back leaned against the entrance's wall, with Tsukishima's head cradled on her lap.

"When we go to college, let's get an apartment and live there together." The boy suggested.

"That seems like a good idea. Although my dad might be against it. I'll just have to insist that I am of age and can do things by myself." Y/N replied.

"It would be nice waking up to your cute little face in the morning. Or, watch you cook in the kitchen." The boy continued.

"Or just laze around on our days off cuddling in front of the TV until we fall asleep." Y/N supplemented.

"Or not. We can do whatever we want, all day long, nobody to tell us when to stop, until your legs go numb... Hmmm.." The boy teased as he turned his head to face Y/N and wrap an arm around her waist.

"Kei!!!" Y/N reprimanded, all flustered from Tsukishima's thoughts being said out loud.

They giggled all giddy with their imaginations. Dreams that they once had together.

----

"Y/N, are you alright?" Yamaguchi sounded worried, bringing the silent girl back to reality.

She suddenly saw a blurry vision of Yamaguchi in front of her, feeling the weight of his hand on her shoulder, trying to give her comfort.

Warmth fell on the back of her hand that was resting on her lap, that was when she noticed she was... crying.

Y/N couldn't help but get angsty, blaming herself for letting the past into her life once again. She was done with all of this. She's tired from all this crying.

"I'm sorry, I think I need some air." She blurted out.

----

Y/N briskly walked her way out of the apartment, leaving the couple confused and worried at the same time. They never had any idea what happened 5 years ago, why Y/N just left like that without a single word, and now she just cried out of nowhere without anybody provoking her.

----

Y/N walked silently outside the apartment to calm herself from the pain that she's been experiencing. That ache in her heart, the regret that was so unbearable, has been haunting her since the very day she left for the U.S.

It was a matter of time when the couple came to fetch her.

"Uhmmm.. I understand if you... don't want to hang out tonight." Mia gently spoke, cautious not to trigger anything.

Y/N felt a little guilty. Deep in her heart, she loved the girls, it would be unfair to them if she declined. They never did anything wrong. Y/N thought she could manage a night with the people from her past, as long as it's not him.