Spot

The bell finally rang for lunch break. Most of the students have gone in groups or pairs to eat their bento's while the others head to the cafeteria to buy food.

Y/N picked her own lunch box and headed out the room to find a peaceful spot.

In the halls, she can see the field but it's filled by students, quite a lot, for her comfort. A flight of stairs, came to her sight and an idea came to mind. She reached the top floor and opened the door revealing an isolated roof deck with an old basketball ring hanging by the tall steal matting, faded lines of shooting marks can be seen on its floor.

The weather was nice, sunny, but the wind was chilly. She decided to settle down and start eating in utter peace. Her back leaning against the wall beside the door she came from. A small shade from the rooftop's point of entrance shielded her from the bright sun.

It was all good, until...

The door slowly opened, then appeared the four-eyed,  tall, blonde, boy that she has been in class with.

He stood in front of her.

"That's my spot" He bluntly remarked.

"I don't see any name anywhere" She replied as bluntly. Eyes still on her food.

A low chuckle left the boy's lips.

"Mind if I join you, then?" He asked and no answer came.

The blonde boy silently took his seat besides Y/N, bringing out a small burger from his pocket and started munching.

She was internally surprised as to the boldness of this boy and in the same time delighted by a presence of somebody who knows how to respect someone's personal space.

"Tsukishima, Kei, by the way." His voice sincere.

Y/N nodded in response and finished her meal, just in time the bell rang for the afternoon's first period. After tucking away her lunch box, she slowly lifted herself up to leave and before she disappeared through the door, Y/N, in the same monotonous voice, spoke, never meeting eye contact...

"Thank you, for sharing your spot with me."

And again, that low chuckle was heard from Tsukishima, still seated on the floor with his back leaned against the wall.

"My pleasure" He whispered, expecting that Y/N never heard it.