Avoidance

Ever since that day, Y/N barely talked with Tsukishima. She started having her lunch in the women's volleyball team locker room and stays there during breaks. Tsukishima would shoot glances towards Y/N in their classroom, waiting for her to talk to him but she didn't. During the evenings after practice, Y/N would brisk-walk her way out the campus avoiding being caught by the blonde-haired boy.

She doesn't want to meddle with somebody else's life anymore. She thought that she'd consumed enough of Tsukishima's time. She had enough time to warm up in school, there were no threats against her so far, and she can fend for herself like she always did.

---

Meanwhile..

The male volleyball team sensed a gloomy tension surrounding Tsukishima. He has been putting out a pissed-off expression and has been unusually aggressive on court.

Sugawara finally came up to him.

"Hey Tsukki, are you okay?" The mother figure of the team asked, concerned.

"I'm perfectly fine" Tsukishima replied.

"Hmmm.. I doubt that. I can see that something's bothering you. It shows." Sugawara continued.

"I'm sorry. But I have to go." Tsukishima bowed.

Tsukishima has been obviously bothered by Y/N's actions lately. He stopped sending her messages while he was in Tokyo because if he continued, he might end up going back home just to see her and talk to her or walk her home.

And now after what happened in the corridors, while he was trying to gently reject a confession from a girl, Y/N saw an unlikely scene.

"Tch" Tsukishima unconciously cussed.

"Tsukki, you've been obviously pissed lately. Is it about Y/N?" Yamaguchi commented while they were walking home. He noticed the distance between the two lately, since they used to be inseparable.

"Shut up, Yamaguchi" Says the blonde boy, avoiding the subject. He was never the vocal type to easily open up about his problems.

"You know, the day we came back, Y/N was searching for you. I know her very well to be as secretive as you are, so I told her you'll be coming in late eventhough she never asked." Added the green-haired boy.

Tsukishima suddenly went into a full stop and tried to calm himself with a deep sigh.

"What am I going to do with her, Yamaguchi?"

"You can figure that out for yourself, Tsukki. Break a leg." Yamaguchi cheered with a wide teasing grin.

Then a sudden flashback from a time when Tsukishima found Y/N amusing for the first time appeared in the young boy's head. Their very first inside joke.

The tournaments are starting the next day for the both of them. He decided to deal with this slowly once the games are done.

---