Luck

A throbbing headache was as good as an alarm to wake Y/N up from her drinking frenzy the night before.

Something so familiar, the warmth and weight from a memory long ago, is now pinning her in place. As her blurry vision finally cleared, a sleeping Tsukishima was all she could see in front of her. Much to her surprise, she noticed his arms draped and wrapped around her tightly.

Mixture of emotions suddenly rushed in her veins like waves. Anger, pain, and longing were a whirl inside her already aching head.

She wanted to push him away, beat him to a pulp, shout at him, and curse him, but all she could do was lie there in his arms, defeated by the longing of being held by him once again.

His eyes were slightly swollen from the silent cries he endured the night before, Y/N noticed it and burst into tears herself.

As much as she could just ask Tsukishima to take her back, forget about everything and start anew, it wasn't that plain and simple.

She's scared of trusting someone again, opening up again, just to crawl pathetically back inside her shell. Her pride couldn't take it, nor could her heart. A lot of things have happened after she left that changed her. She is not the Y/N, Tsukishima once knew.

----

After calming herself down, she carefully freed herself from Tsukishima and started to pack her things and silently left the room.

Y/N's flight back to America was just a few hours away, so she headed to the airport and decided to wait there instead.

----

Finally arriving at the airport, she went into the VIP lounge to shower and change her clothes, hoping that she could wash away whatever memory there is of last night and this morning, in enough time to forget about everything before facing her people back in America.

----

Trying to catch a glimpse of sleep in the waiting area, a rumble of thunder, loud enough to shake the airport, caused a spark of panic in everyone inside the establishment.

Y/N's sleepiness was shook away as well, sitting by the edge of her seat for any announcements.

"Ladies and gentlemen! All international and domestic flights, will be cancelled temporarily due to adverse weather conditions. Please contact your airline for your flight status and other concerns. Thank you."

"Tch. Dammit!" Y/N cussed under her breath. The next thing she did was to proceed to her airline and check her flight status, wishing that her schedule will push through despite the nasty weather. All she ever wanted was to leave this place as soon as she can.

-----

"I'm sorry ma'am, but all our flights are cancelled because of the incoming typhoon. We will contact you through the number you have provided for the next available flight schedules. Thank you." Muttered a sleep deprived attendant standing in Y/N's airline booth. Seeing that nothing in her power can go against a narural calamity, she's given up and decided to find a place to stay around the city until the weather lets up.

Towing her bag behind her, while fiddling with her phone to book a room, the screen repeatedly showed her "Fully booked" signs all over the hotels that are nearby. Seemed like the other travellers who got their flights cancelled were one step ahead of her.

----

She was too tired to be angry. Too tired to just throw everything in front of her and scream her lungs out. Y/N aimlessly dragged her luggage out the airport's door, thinking where she could go next.