Fireworks

"There, all done." Mina spoke proudly after working on her masterpiece.

Y/N took a look at the mirror and was suprisingly satisfied with what she saw. Mina was by her side wearing a wide grin of genuine happiness for her friend.

"I look..." Y/N sighed.

"Beautiful." Mina completed Y/N's sentence.

Mina made Y/N face her as she fixed a few things on her kimono.

"Go get him tiger." She encouraged with a pat on Y/N's shoulders.

The timid girl's face flushed red immediately as a wave of panic and nerves started to rise within her.

"Mina, I don't think I can do this. I have no idea what to do. What if Tsukishima-kun won't like it?" The girl endlessly blurted out, eyes out of focus.

"Y/N, stop! Listen to me. Look at me." Mina gently comforted. The girl finally found her friend's reassuring expression and calmed down.

"He'll love it. I'm sure. C'mon, it's about time."

-Ding-dong-

"Oh, I guess that's your date. C'mon, let's go."

----

Tsukishima was in his casual clothes. He was wearing a black hoody, gray jeans, and white sneakers. His headphones on his ears were suddenly pulled down at the sight of his date walking out through the door.

He tried to hide the blush on his face by slightly looking away with an excuse of scratching the back of his neck.

"Yo, Tsukishima-kun." Mina greeted.

"Y-yo." Replied the tall, blonde boy.

"So, I'll be leaving Y/N here in your care. Behave yourself." Mina warned.

"You don't have to worry about that." Tsukishima rebutted.

"Alrighty, then. I'll see you, when I see you. Bye."

Mina left the two alone, silent, and awkward.

"Y/N, Y-you look.."

"Hideous" Y/N muttered.

"N-no, you don't." The boy stuttered.

"I should just go change." Y/N slowly turned away, feeling a little embarrassed and unsure of what to do, but Tsukishima was quick to grab her by the wrist and cage her in his arms, hugging her from behind.

"You look very beautiful, Y/N. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I was so embarrassed. I did not even dress up." He spoke gently, hiding his flushed face against Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N reached up to pat Tsukishima's head and the boy slowly let go so they can face each other.

"You have been fine as you are, Tsukishima-kun." She cooed.

With hands held together, they walked towards the shrines to pay visit.

---

It was the peak of the event and the shrines were quite crowded. Tsukishima made sure to keep Y/N comfortable as they proceeded, never letting go of her hand, and keeping her close as people kept passing to and fro.

Y/N noticed this and was delighted by it. She felt cherished and protected.

While paying their respects to the gods, she silently wished...

'I can not pray for anything else for I have been blessed, more than I can ever imagine. But if you can allow me one wish, please let me stay by Tsukishima's side, for as long as it takes.'