Firsts

-Ding-Dong-

Repeatedly, the door bell rang, overpowering the chirping of the birds in the early morning, and the sound of the breeze rippling through the leaves on the trees.

Y/N, lazily stood up, wrapping her comforter over her chilled body as she walked outside the house towards the gate. Her eyes squinting against the bright morning light.

"Good morning, Y/N!!!!" Exclaimed the girls from the women's volleyball team. Some laughed at the way she looked, while Mina stepped-up and pushed Y/N back towards the house.

Y/N didn't care much about the early intrusion. She was pretty much a tad bit happy that she won't be waking up alone in this special day. The other girls, who saw the luxurious yard, house, and cars for the first time, gasped with eyes wide open.

"Pardon us for the intrusion" The girls whispered, as they went inside the house.

"Hey Mina, do you think this is fine? Y/N's parents might be here. Wouldn't they get angry being bothered this early in the morning?" Asked Mia as they reached the spacious living area.

"It's fine. I'm alone in this house for the holidays." Y/N reassured with a hoarse morning voice, plopping lazily on the couch, still wrapped in her comforter.

"Really? Where's your butler?" Asked Mina.

"You have a butler?!" Exclaimed Mia.

"He went home for the holidays. The man's got his own family to be with too" Y/N yawned.

"Alright!!!" Mina shouted.

"So..... Why are you guys here, so early in the morning?" Y/N asked, in her usual monotone.

"We were about to visit the shrines again since it's the New Year's Eve. We were calling you for hours but you didn't answer, so we thought of waking you up personally. So get your ass moving, coz we'll be leaving the soonest time that you're done." Commanded Mina.

"Alright. But... have you guys eaten breakfast?" Y/N asked, thinking about what she was taught whenever she'd have some guests over the house. Eventhough, this would be the first time she'd have any, besides the time she had Mina over.

~Growl~

The girls stared at each other, trying to find out whose it was, but that's the only answer Y/N needed.

She stepped into the kitchen and called out to the girls to follow, she opened the cupboards with unopened boxes of cereals,

"Feel at home.. Help yourself.. Bowls and spoons are in the dishwasher underneath this counter and there's plenty enough milk in the fridge. I'll be back in half an hour."

"Uwaaaahhhh, thank you Y/N!!" Squealed the girls.

The captain, Yui, stepped towards Y/N and patted her shoulder with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Y/N. And I'm terribly sorry, Mina's really persistent."

"It's fine. I rarely have guests. T-thank you for coming by."

Before leaving the kitchen, Y/N internally smiled at the sight of her new family munching and chatting happily.

----

By the time Y/N was done, the girls have already cleaned up in the kitchen and they went out to visit the shrines to pray for national's together.

Her phone vibrated, while she was walking outside the shrine, waiting for the others to finish.

[Kei: Good morning, pipsqueak.]

'What a wierd nickname' she thought.

[Good morning. What's up with the nickname?]