Distance

4 months in and Y/N had somehow finally settled in. She has gained a seemingly constant set of friends. She still enjoys her quiet lunch on the roof deck with Tsukishima and even studies with him there during breaks. The women's volleyball team has been having her preoccupied since the tournaments are nearing. Tsukishima has been busy as well.

Y/N couldn't help but notice the inconsistency, now that both she and Tsukishima have been in different time schedules. For the past month, they rarely meet up in the evenings after practice since the other might be on extended training or out of town in Tokyo for a joint match.

She unconsciously yearned for Tsukishima's presence, but what is she to him, for her to demand such a thing.

He told her that him and the boys will be gone for a week for training in Tokyo and it's only been a day without him. This is the first time they were miles apart from each other for quite a long time and she's obviously uneasy about it.

After a long day, Y/N walked home alone again.

She went about her usual night routine, took a bath, ate dinner, and prepared to sleep.

Deep in thoughts, she was distracted by a beep from her phone, a rare event in her evenings. A message from an unknown number appeared.

"How are you?" It says.

Y/N never usually replied to any text messages from people she doesn't know, so she closed her phone and placed it back on her bedside table.

Another beep was heard.

"It's me. Tsukishima." Says the message.

'Badump'

And just like that, Y/N's mood changed into a blushing mess. All guards down since no one could see.

She doesn't want to let Tsukishima know that she was delighted to hear from him after a very long day.

'That will spoil all the fun, won't it?'

"I'm fine. You?" She replied.

"Same. We just finished training and we're about to hit the sac."

"Ok. Sleep well, then" She replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Ok. You too. Don't stay up too late." Tsukishima commanded.

"Ok mom, I won't." Says Y/N, teasing.

"It's DAD, idiot. lol."

Y/N may be timid, but the only person that she's comfortable enough with, to do things hidden within her subconscious was Tsukishima. Her alter ego just realized the rather promiscuous meaning behind this male's message and she's tempted to reciprocate.

"Okay, daddy. Whatever you say."

Then no reply came.

---