Starting Point

Y/N couldn't believe what was happening. A few months ago, she was  trying to avoid her emotions, her feelings for Tsukishima, and the pain of another rejection. The rejection she thought she received when she saw Tsukishima with another girl.

But now, here she is, sitting beside the boy she adored who finally told her things she can only dream of. That he was interested in her, that he had feelings for her.

'But, he only said he was interested, does that mean that he liked me too? Am I right to assume this? Ugghhh, this is driving me crazy.'

"Ugghhhh" Y/N unconsciously groaned out loud.

"Something wrong? Are you ok?" Tsukishima immediately turned towards Y/N after finishing the last bite of his lunch.

Y/N's thoughts started to run wild again. She just stared at Tsukishima, not being able to say a single word, filtering them in her head, too afraid to say something inappropriate.

'Should I confirm it? Is it okay for me to ask him to say he likes me just to be sure? Or is this enough for me to assume that he does like me? But, I want to hear him say the words. I need to hear him say it, if not, I can't put my mind at ease. I mean, what does he see in me anyway?'

Tsukishima felt helpless, seeing Y/N silently scan his eyes for something he can't even determine.

'She's keeping her thoughts to herself again.' He thought, a little frustrated.

He wished he could break through Y/N's walls, let her be comfortable around him more, to see her open herself again like she once did.

The boy slowly reached his hand towards Y/N's face to calm her. Just as soon as his fingers touched her cheeks, he was interrupted by a call from Yamaguchi.

With a sigh, he withdrew his hand and fumbled in his pockets for his phone.

"Tsukkiii!!.. We're about to start warming up." Yamaguchi's voice can be heard from the other line.

"Alright, alright." Tsukishima grumpily closed his phone immediately.

His eyes directed towards Y/N's after he placed his phone away.

"I'll be dealing with you later." He muttered, pulling Y/N in for a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"H-heh?" Y/N stuttered. As if her thoughts were discovered. Another wave of panic rising.

"C'mon, our game's about to start."

Both of them stood and walked towards the entrance to the benches to drop Y/N off.

"See you later." He spoke, reluctant to let Y/N's hand go.

The timid girl realized how strong Tsukki's grip was. She was amused that he refused to let go, despite being late for his warm-up.

There was an awkward silence that followed. It seemed like, there was something Tsukishima wanted Y/N to do before leaving.

Y/N, trying to figure out what to do next, thought that wishing him luck in his game would be appropriate.

"G-go, break a leg. Tsukishima-kun." She stuterred.

'Ha, the first time I heard her say my name, and she's still using formalities.' The blonde boy thought. Another wave of frustration washing through.

"I hope not." The boy replied with an awkward chuckle.

'I'll let this slide for now. I'll make sure you'll open up to me again soon.' He thought silently.

Tsukishima showed Y/N inside towards the benches and hurried down to the court after bidding his goodbye.

And Karasuno's fight against Aoba Jousai began after a short while.

---