Tournament

A peculiar morning for Y/N had already started. Asides from the usual wake up, bath, eat breakfast, then school, in a school uniform, she's now standing in front of their hallway mirror staring at herself wearing her volleyball uniform. It was an all black slim fit sleeveless jersey, paired with slim fit cycling shorts. The accent was in gray with the name Karasuno written on the front and her last name at the back.

She reached up and touched the number on her jersey, "11", the same number as Tsukishima's. It was too late to have it changed by the time that unlikely incident happened, but she decided to keep it in the end. Tsukishima will forever hold a special place in her heart even if he will never know it. With a sigh, Y/N covered herself up in their official black jacket and head out towards the door.

---

The Prefrectural Volleyball Tournaments have finally started. It is the most crucial time for both Tsukishima and Y/N who decided to concentrate on that instead.

It was the morning meet up at school and the Men's and Women's Volleyball teams each have their own bus. The two teams greeted each other and sent their good luck wishes before hopping on.

Tsukishima has been shooting glances towards Y/N while falling in line to board the bus. They had a chance to stand side by side while doing so.

"Good luck out there." Tsukishima spoke.

"Likewise." Y/N bluntly replied.

After boarding the bus, both teams headed to the same location for the tournament.

---

"Good morning everyone, it's that time of the year again, the time for the Prefrectural Volleyball Tournament where young athletes showcase their skills and wits in sports. Let's get the ball rolling shall we.." The voice of the radio announcer can be heard on the audio systems inside the gymnasium, as both teams entered the venue.

This is Y/N's first ever tournament. She always wanted to play in places like these but she couldn't get a chance because she needed to transfer schools repeatedly and now that she can finally participate in a team, she is internally excited.

Both Karasuno's Men and Women's team have to face their opponents as the first game for the day, so each went their separate ways.

As Y/N's team entered the big gymnasium, her senses were overwhelmed by the bright lights, the noise from the cheering crowds, and the scent of menthol patches.

After fixing their things, the girls started warming up.

---

All attention was directed towards the team that just entered the gym, it's the Date Tech High's women's volleyball team which was composed of tall, masculine, and intimidating females.
---

"They have been famous as their male counterparts, known as the Iron Wall. Notorious for blocking off even the powerful of spikes." Spoke Y/N's coach during their team pep talk the day before the games.

"But I've seen a change in this team and I can say, that you girls, as long as you work as a team, nothing is impossible." Their coach added.

---

"Let's go, let's go, let's go Dateko!"

Loud cheers from the crowd can now be heard across the gym.

The girls continued on with their warm up even when the others are starting to get intimidated.

Mina suddenly came up to Y/N with a confident grin on her face.

"Say, wanna practice spiking?" She winked.

A mischievous smirk appeared on Y/N's face for the first time and positioned herself on the left wing. They were not even bothered by their opponent's presence.

Mia threw the ball towards Mina's direction and Mina was quick to set the ball up. In a split second, Y/N was already up in the air, ready to hit the ball. It slammed on the floor with a loud thud then the crowd suddenly went silent. All eyes were on Karasuno's team, game faces on, ready to take on anything.

The girls of Date Tech noticed Y/N and have been observing her after that.

"I don't like that number 11." Says, Kimura Ui, the captain of the Date Tech team. She is quite an initimidating 5'4", blondie, who radiates an aura of a royalty.

"I couldn't agree more, she'll be a nuisance to a supposedly easy win." Coming from a 6ft. Tall, gray-haired, middle blocker, Takanobu Ao, she's the elder sister of the Iron Wall, Takanobu Aone, of their Men's team.

Both teams finished warming up then lined up for a handshake.

---

The starting line-ups are ready. Y/N and Ui are both close to the net.

"You a freshman? First time seeing you here. You think you got what it takes?" Ui taunted.

Y/N remained in a stoic state, ignoring the girl in front of her.

"I see you're not quite of a talker. Okay. I'll rest my case after I say this."

Ui stepped in close to the net slowly and stared Y/N eye to eye.

"You think you can break through us? In your dreams, 11." Ui scoffed then turned her back to huddle with her team mates.

"Y/N" Yui called out for a huddle, as well.

"Okay team! Always remember, no hesitations! No regrets! Let's get out there and show them what we got!"

Yui reached her hand out in the middle and all the girls followed suit.

"Karasunoooooo!!!" Yui yelled.

"Fly high!!" The team exclaimed in unison.

----