Epilogue

None of them had any decent sleep. They stayed up until dawn holding each other, memorizing every detail, their warmth, their scent and their voice. The night was filled with long languid kisses, silent tears, and tight embraces.

"Ugh, I don't wanna say another goodbye to you." Tsukishima groaned against Y/N's chest, being the little spoon.

Y/N stayed silent, pondering about what to respond. She doesn't know how the future would play out, but she is sure of one thing.

"Then, don't." Y/N whispered.

She felt him tightened his arms around her as he heard her say those words. He knows that every time she says that, he had nothing else to worry about anymore.

Now all he had to do... is wait.

--------

They were still inseperable as they've gone to the airport to drop Y/N off. They have been silently holding each other's hands from the very moment they stepped out of Tsukishima's apartment.

None of them dared to say a single word, afraid that as they opened their mouths, their tears will fall first before letting out any sound.

They know they've exchanged numbers and emails to keep in touch. But who knows how long until they could see each other again.

--------

After one long and silent embrace, Tsukishima planted one soft kiss on Y/N's lips. He brushed away some of the tears that fell off her cheeks as he attempted to give her a small smile, reassuring her that they'll get through this, that he will be here, waiting.

"Calling all passengers of flight J619, bound for Los Angeles, California, the boarding gates are now open..."

As much as Tsukishima was expecting Y/N to be worried about leaving, he was relieved to see a clarity in her expression as she finally wept her tears dry and took a deep breath to calm herself down.

"I gotta go." She muttered, with a hint of determination despite being a little reluctant.

"Mhmmm. You take care of yourself." Tsukishima spoke as he pulled her in for one last embrace.

"You too." Y/N spoke softly against his shoulder, hugging him back.

"I'm not saying goodbye." The blonde man's voice was like a whisper.

"So am I." She replied.

-----------

Tsukishima didn't leave until he saw Y/N's plane took off. It felt like he has awakened from a beautiful and vivid dream. Now all that's left were traces of Y/N's scent in his car, on his sheets, and little flashbacks of their days together inside his apartment.

He is now starting to wonder how is he going to cope with this without losing it.

But he trusts Y/N. He just have to wait.

----------

As soon as Y/N arrived in America, she sent him messages everyday via social media.

Time passed by as they talked about how Tsukishima finally owned the museum he once curated for and how Y/N settled the mess in her company.

None about Stephen and her parents were mentioned yet in their conversations.

---------

Until that everyday turned into, once every week, then once every month. Apologies of not being able to communicate as often as she once could were endless from Y/N's side.

And now, it has been half a year without a word from her. It's been 2 years since she'd left.

Tsukishima fought the urge to worry and almost thought about flying to America and come find her. He drowned himself in amber liquid just to calm himself every night he'd check his messages and the only thing he sees were...

[I'm so so sorry for not contacting you very often. I really have to take care of a lot of things at work and at home too. But I'll really try my best to talk to you as often as I could. I love you and I miss you everyday. Tell me about your day.]

Which was sent, 6 months ago.

"If you didn't choose me, at least give me a heads up. This is killing me Y/N, I swear to God." Tsukishima groaned and whined, drunk in front of his laptop, silently sobbing in the darkness of his empty apartment.

-------

Another couple of month's passed without a word from Y/N.

Tsukishima finally gave up on worrying and gave Y/N an ultimatum of a year. He was thinking of actually going to find her just to be sure, but at the same time he was afraid of discovering a truth he doesn't want to know. It would be the death of him.

He went about his day as usual. Driving up to the museum and distracting himself with his work to maintain and nurture the art within its walls.

Every afternoon he'd roam around his museum to take a break from the paperworks piled up on his desk. He took comfort in the beauty of the exhibits taking the interest of the many customers who came to see them.

Will he forever be like this? Would he be satisfied of just silently waiting for Y/N, like this? What closure would he have if he won't come to find her for answers?

These questions invade his head relentlessly. No kind of distraction can permanently ease them. Until how long is he allowed to wait?

------

Another excrutiating long day for Tsukishima passed by and now another thing he had to go through is the loneliness within the memories he have of Y/N living with him in his apartment. It was just a few days, but it was unforgettable. He was usually relieved by virtually talking to Y/N, but now that even that is gone, he couldn't stand it.

-------

Walking up the hall towards his apartment's door, he heard a little music playing from inside.

His heart beat tremendously fast as he new every note that resonated from behind his door. He frantically punched in the numbers of his password and pushed the door open.

-----

Running up to his living room where the music grew louder as he came close, he finally saw her.

Y/N was startled, standing immediately as she tried to explain how she got in.

After looking at Y/N, making sure it was really her, Tsukishima eyed the huge pile of luggage that was sitting on his living room floor. It really was her.

Without a word he stepped towards Y/N and embraced her like it was his last chance.

He was furious yet elated. He deserved an explanation but he doesn't care anymore. Y/N was finally there and they're together again. There's nothing more that he'd ever wanted.

"I'm so so sorry I haven't talked to you... A lot happened... and I... Mmmm.. "

Y/N's words were cut off by Tsukishima's eager lips on hers. His kiss was a mixture of anger yet longing. Y/N couldn't help but to surrender and let him have his way. He owed him that much.

After a while, Tsukishima broke the kiss. He was calmer and a lot more composed.

"Don't ever do that again, ~baka..." He complained.

Y/N looked him in the eyes and proudly smiled.

"Never again..."

------

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too.... so so much, Kei."

~End~