Chapter 15: I'll Always Keep You Safe, Mikey

This oneshot was requested by acelqaa122. Enjoy.

    Mikey was alone on the rooftops one night. Even though there wasn't patrol because the turtles had a night off, he'd decided to get some fresh air. He'd decided to spend that time star gazing, as the sky was clear of any clouds. The city was silent, yet lights shone brightly. The stars up above, however, seemed to be shining brighter than the street lights somehow, captivating Mikey. His baby-blue eyes widened with wonder as he laid on the roof, hands behind his head as he took in the beautiful sight before him. A little while later, he took out his shell phone to check the time and was surprised at how late it was. It's almost midnight, he thought. I better get back home before something happens.

    Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. As soon as he got up, his ninja senses picked up something from behind. Immediately, he managed to duck in time as boney claws swept at him from above and jumped out of the way just as quick as a shot rang out. Turning around, he saw that it was Rahzar and Tigerclaw. Instantly knowing what they wanted, he whipped out his nunchucks, spinning them fast with precision and skill. They were so going to have a taste of his hot nunchuck fury!

    Running forward, Mikey made the first move, jumping and hitting Rahzar in the face with his nunchuck. He ducked from a shot by Tigerclaw and tripped him up with a sweep of his leg. The fight continued for quite a while, with Mikey giving it his all and Rahzar and Tigerclaw being unable to make a single scratch on him. But eventually, Mikey started to get tired, giving the two baddies an advantage. Still working to dodge their strikes, Mikey eventually got shot in the arm by Tigerclaw as his tiredness escalated. The young turtle let out a cry of pain and ended up fighting with one arm before ducking behind a warehouse to hide. Now knowing that he was outmatched with a shot arm, Mikey quickly pulled out his shell cell and sent out a panic call, letting his family know where he was before getting back into the fight despite the odds against him.
......................................................................................................
    Meanwhile, while all this was going on, the others were doing their own thing. Leo was sitting in front of the TV watching Space Heroes. Raph was sitting on the couch reading a magazine, occasionally rolling his eyes everytime he looked up at the screen. Donnie was locked away in his lab, probably working on one of his inventions. Casey was trying to beat Raph's high score at pinball. April was probably helping Donnie in the lab. Splinter was meditating in the dojo. At one point, Raph glanced up, expecting to see Mikey sitting beside him, but her wasn't there. That was what got his attention. "Where's Mikey?" he asked.

    "He said he was gonna go topside for some fresh air," Leo answered. "I'm sure it won't be long."

    Raph had his doubts, but didn't say anything else. A few hours later, a beep was heard. Raph pulled out his shell cell and saw the panic signal flashing on the screen. "Rest of you getting this?" he asked.

    Leo glanced at his shell cell. "I'm getting it," he said.

    Donnie came out of the lab. "Me to," he said. "I wonder what happened?"

    Wanting to find out, Raph pressed the panic signal-and his eyes widened. "Mikey's in trouble!" he exclaimed, leaping from the couch and racing towards the exit. "We gotta go save him!"

    Leo and Donnie didn't hesitate and raced after him after getting their weapons, telling Casey and April to prep the medbay as they left. They had to save their little brother before it was too late.
......................................................................................................
    Mikey had indeed tried to fight them off, but the more tired he got, the easier it was for his enemies to get their hits on him. Soon, he was injured so much he could barely move. Rahzar stepped on him, causing him to utter ot a cry of pain as he felt pressure on his plastron. He hoped that his family had responded to his call for help in time. "I don't think there's any way for you to escape," Rahzar said, voice raspy sounding.