Chapter 31: I'll Never Leave You

TrishNicole5 requested this oneshot. Hope you enjoy.

    Mikey was walking through the hallways of Futagoid's spaceship looking for Raph. He was going to ask him if he could play some videogames with him because he was getting bored. And he had nothing else to do. He was just approaching the room where he knew Raph would be in when he heard someone else. Peeking through the doorway, he saw Raph hanging out with his girlfriend, Mona Lisa. A sad sigh escaped from him. Ever since they first met her, Raph seemed to be spending a lot of his time with her, especially after they had a relationship upgrade. And lately, Mikey had been having thoughts that his best friend would just up and leave them altogether. He didn't want that. A whimper leaving him, he proceeded to leave, not wanting to bother either of them.

    However, Raph's ninja senses had heard that whimper. Confused, he turned in time to see Mikey leave. And if he looked correctly, he saw a sad expression on his face. Immediately, he realized that something was wrong. "Can you excuse me for a sec?" he asked his girlfriend before leaving.

    Mona Lisa nodded as she watched Raph go. He sometimes mentioned his friendship with Mikey during their conversations, and she understood and was completely fine with it. With a smile, she headed off to somewhere else on the ship to get something, knowing that her boyfriend would fix it.
..............................................................................................................
    Arriving at Mikey's room, Raph listened carefully enough for him to hear Mikey crying. At least, that's what it sounded like to him anyway. Sorrow filling his heart, Raph opened the door to see Mikey curled up in a ball in the corner of his room, crying softly so as not to be heard. Looking sadly at his baby brother, he entered the room, closing the door behind him so that they could be alone. He quietly approached Mikey and knelt down in front of him, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Something wrong, little brother?" he asked.

    Mikey looked up at him and nodded, tears steaming down his face as he closed his eyes and looked back down with a whimper. Almost feeling like crying himself, Raph scooted closer to him. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" he asked. "You know you can always tell me anything, right?"

    Mikey nodded, taking a shuddering breath to calm himself down. "I've noticed you've been hanging out with Mona Lisa a lot lately," he explained. "Not that I find anything wrong with it. I'm glad that you have a girlfriend and everything, but I'm just worried that you'll decide to leave us one day."

    Sucking in a sharp breath, Raph was surprised. He had no idea that Mikey was thinking those thoughts. Knowing that he had to reassure him, he wrapped his arms around his littlest brother and pulled him close. "Mikey, can you please look at me?" he asked.

    Slowly, Mikey looked up at him with baby-blue, tear-filled puppy eyes. Raph smiled reassuringly as he nuzzled his head against his baby brother's and cupped his face in his hands, his thumbs wiping away his tears. "I'll never leave you guys," he said. "Especially you. You're my best friend. The best baby brother I've ever had. My girlfriend knows it, and she's completely fine with it. Besides, she knows about how we both care a lot for each other."

    "Really?" asked Mikey.

    Raph smiled as he stood up, scooping up Mikey in his arms as he did so. "Really," he said as he moved to Mikey's bed and sat down, placing Mikey in his lap and kissing his beak. "I promise I won't be leaving you guys anytime soon."

    Mikey smiled and snuggled closer to Raph, purring as he did so. He felt happy that Raph wasn't leaving them. Raph smiled back and returned the purr, cuddling him close. They stayed that way for a while until Mikey fell asleep to Raph's purr and his warm embrace. Chuckling at the fact that he could put Mikey to sleep just by hugging him, Raph had just laid him down in bed when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Mona Lisa was there, smiling at the sight. "Figured he needed this," she said, handing him a red blanket.

    Raph nodded his thanks as he took the blanket and draped it over Mikey, tucking him in. Mikey instantly snuggled into it, a smile still on his face. The two smiled as they left.

    Leo and Donnie overheard the entire conversation and smiled as well. They were happy that Raph wasn't leaving them to; they'd been worried about the same thing for a while. Just hearing what Raph said put their worries at rest. And............well, Casey may or may not have snuck a picture of that. And if they saw Raph chasing Casey around the ship later because of that picture, they didn't say a word.

    Thanks for the request, TrishNicole5. Hope you and the other readers like it.