Chapter 23: Squirrelanoid Trouble

This one's for marisa-makaden23. Thanks.

    One day, the turtles, April, and Casey were hanging out in the main area of the lair. Raph and Mikey were sitting on the floor playing a racing videogame (probably Mario Kart Racing; I've watched people play it before, and I even joined in at one point. It's fun). Leo was sitting on one side of the couch, immersed in a comic book but looking up at the game every now and then with a fond smile. Donnie was on the other side of the couch, fixing one of his inventions. April and Casey were cheering for either Raph or Mikey. Splinter wasn't with them at the time; he was currently meditating in the dojo.

    Raph and Mikey's characters were battling it out for first place on Rainbow Road (have you ever tried it? It may be pretty, but man it's tricky. I know; I've been there) and yes, they did fall off the track several times, abid by accident. But eventually, it was Mikey who crossed the finish line first. "Haha! I win!" he cheered.

    "Hey!" said Raph, clearly annoyed. "It was this close to beating you!"

    "Doubt it, bro," Mikey laughed, amused. "Not my fault that your character kept falling off the track."

    "Well that was because your character pushed mine off on purpous," Raph grumbled. "Several times, in fact."

    The only response he got was Mikey blowing a raspberry at him. That was all it took for Raph to try and grab at him, only for Mikey to jump out of the way. "Missed!" he said, laughing while blowing another raspberry.

   Turning around, he attempted to run, only for Raph to come from behind and wrap his arms tightly around him. "GAH!" the youngest exclaimed, his legs flailing around in the air. "NOT THE BEAR HUG! PUT ME DOWN!"

    "You were saying?" Raph laughed, his arms tightening around the jokester as he practically squeezed him to his chest.

    Mikey struggled to no avail. "Alright! Alright!" he yelled, giving in. "Mercy! Mercy!"

    Raph chuckled. "Alright then," he said, letting go.

    Mikey plopped down to the ground, breathing heavily and rubbing his arms. "Worst. Hug. Ever," he panted.

    "Really?" Raph said.

    Shoot. Should've have said that out loud, thought Mikey. "Uhhh..."

    "You calling my hugs the worst?" asked Raph, pretending to be intimidating.

    It was definitely working, because Mikey was really getting nervous. Before he could say anything, Raph pounced at him. Mikey pretty much screeched as he jumped out of the way and made a run for it. He didn't get far before Raph tackled him to the ground and attacked him with tickles. Everyone else just chucked at their antics until Leo decided that he'd had enough of it. "Okay, Raph. That's enough," he said. "I'm sure Mikey's learned his lesson now."

    Raph rolled his eyes, but stopped anyway, leaving Mikey trying to catch his breath while laying on the floor. Just as he finally calmed down, a loud screeching sound was heard outside the lair, getting everyone's attention. "What was that?" Leo asked.

    No one knew. Curious, Mikey decided to check. He just got outside when suddenly a technical shot out and wrapped around him. With a scream, Mikey was yanked into the shadows. Everyone looked up in time to see the event unfold. "MIKEY!" they screamed.

    Jumping up, the turtles immediately raced off after whoever took their brother. After running for sometime, they arrived at a large room in time to see Mikey, blue eyes wide with fright, get yanked down into a large hole. "What was that creature?" asked Leo, looking down the hole.