Chapter 20

Serenity POV-

Fighting was not a sense of what we had, but instead of what we didn't have. Only a psychopath would go and fight because they have a big car, a mansion, and a happy spouse, we fight for what we do not have, for our grief, for what we have lost.
We fight for what we don't have using what we have. Guns, daggers, a physique that was sculpted from a God himself. But no matter how much, or how little we have, nobody ever had enough mental strength to go into a fight prepared, because nerves kick in last second. Your body trembles at the thought of losing, or the thought of the destruction you could cause.
Fighting is no more physical than a mental battle, which is why all we could do is prepare ourselves for the bloodshed, the tear shed, and everything in between.

The battle is exactly 28 days away, and the nerves haven't kicked in yet, but they will sooner than later.
I've always loved fighting, whether it was just an argument or a full-blown ass-whooping it's just something in my blood.
But although I love doing it, it's dangerous... not for me, but for whoever I'm against. I sound very egotistic...I'm aware.
But my ego refuses to let me take a loss.
That's why since I had done my civic duties by helping Leyla today, I've just been training.

I furrow my brows slightly at the light knock on the large wooden door, I turn to see Amare standing in the doorway.

"Hey?" I ask wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"You look like you could use a sparring partner." She said with a chuckle, moving out of the doorway and towards me.

"How'd you even know I was in here?" sitting down on the mat, bringing the cap of the water bottle to my lips.

"Wild guess." She replied causing me to giggle, a light silence filling the air for a few seconds before she had continued "So what do you say? Training is a lot funnier when it's not just you., besides I could use a little refresher."

"Why not?" I asked, lifting myself up, but before I could fully stand, I was pinned to the floor, my hands pressed behind my back, a knee pressuring hard into the top of my spine in between my shoulder blades.

I smirked before using my legs and lunging them up into the air, the knee on my back was pressed too lightly, allowing my body to easily slip away, my body had done a full 360, of course, every time I did this move a bit of whiplash was one of the few aftermaths, but it never failed.
My legs had curved into a circle behind me, as the rest of my body slipped away from her grasp, looking like a human wheel midway through.

I could have easily had her under me, but then the point of sparring would have been defeated, I wanted to have some fun.
I slowly lifted myself up from my knees before closing my eyes moving my 2 fingers in a small circular motion, allowing for a small stinging pain to flow through my eyes, hitting every nerve in my body as it became overwhelming with power.
An intoxicating feeling squirming through my veins, holding this type of power was addicting.

I opened my eyes, as the pools of silver opened up, watching as small galaxies, small specks of stars took over my pupils, now seeing nothing but shimmers of grey.

Although the full form wasn't necessary, it would definitely be way more intriguing.

"We're doing this outside." I said with a small smirk, watching as Amare gave me a smug grin before teleporting outside, emitting a small ray of heat from the spot she was just in.
I followed quickly after, the teleportations always gave me a small ping of pain within my head, but it was always worth it.

I opened my eyes to the broad land in front of me, extending for miles upon miles, of simply grass.
The grass containing an almost fake look to it. Being shiny, tall, and soft, but the nature of it was everything but fake. Gaia was not kidding when she made this patch of land. The soft sun blazing over the Earth, giving everything a lively yellow tint.