Chapter 26

Serenity POV-

(Also I forgot to directly specify the last chapter but it was a 2-week jump from the whole rest thing)

The shower was a nice breath of freshness.
Considering it had been 2 weeks since my last one whether unconscious or not, it was nice to feel fresh.
I had brushed my teeth shortly after because unlike most people, morning breath does in fact bother me.

I was now walking down the hallway and to my bedroom.
Upon inching closer I had smelled a faint scent of Italian food, wafting over me.
As I had inched closer I heard muffled voices and small pings of laughter flowing through the cracks of the door.

I had taken smaller steps towards the door and laid my hand upon the knob, which was fairly cold-causing small tingles of cold to run from my fingers.
As I opened the door, all heads snapped my way, Ace holding a smirk, while the other 2 girls had laid upon the bed, shooting each other as well as me unknown looks.

As I slowly stepped into the room I spoke. "Why do I feel unwelcomed in my own home?" I questioned.

"Because you are, now leave." Leyla had spoken which had caused Aurora to let out a small restrained chuckle.

Astute Obeservation.

I saw Leyla was scrolling through Netflix likely to find a movie to watch while we ate.
I watched as Ace chewed on a garlic bread before taking a bag from the night stand and setting it on the empty space in the bed.

"I'll eat later." I insisted, walking over to the large bed which had now been crowded by people who seemingly took it upon themselves to make it there own.

I laid on the bed watching as The curly haired boy and Leyla exchanged glances... this is totally comforting?
I decided to break the awkward silence. (Which wasn't really silence considering Ace was chewing that garlic bread like no tomorrow.)
"Where is Amare?" This had caused the blonde girl next to me to raise a brow, while Ace had looked for Leyla to continue.

"She's asleep; school's been a pain in her ass." She said, which had recalled to to remember her starting school a little over a week ago.
Oh shit.

"You know her?" I heard a voice come from behind which I would only know as Aurora's.

"Yeah; She's an friend from back home." I said now  watching as Leyla continued searching for a movie to watch.

I heard a snicker come from Ace before he continued "Bet $10 they've fucked too."  He said which had caused the him and the dark haired girl into small fits of chuckles.
These 2 were like dumb and dumber.

I stuck my tongue out at him as a defense mechanism. I couldn't defend myself or I would sound overly suspicious.
I wasn't ashamed of being with Amare previously, but if this group were to refrain from any overly aggressive comments... We'd be better off as only ever friends. Besides, the whole point of our make-up was to only act as if we had never dated.

"Ok, ok. I have a movie we're going to watch."
Ace said with a small grin.
I slowly scooted back in bed, so my head was against the backboard, as I slowly made my way into the comforter.

Everyone placed their remaining leftovers on my nightstand before joining me in the covers.
I'll whoop their asses for doing that later.

"What are we watching?" I asked watching as the screen was now on Netflix's search menu.

"It's this really cool action movie." I heard the curly haired boy.

"What's the name of the movie though?"