Chapter 33

Serenity POV-

Maybe I did something wrong...?

Never mind, that doesn't even sound right.

It's been two weeks since we've hung out... two weeks since she's uttered a word to me... or anyone besides Ace for that matter; and for these past two weeks she has been staring into the oblivion, and a few times I have caught her gaze on me, but I don't blame her nor' think much of it.

Who wouldn't want to stare at me? I'm perfect.

The way her eyes hold too many thoughts, yet looking transparent. As if she was venturing you to push for answers not even she held herself. As you could see not right into her, but instead right through her.

Those are the scariest people... the people who advocate for you to presume their well-being is in control and withheld in good hands... but glass is transparent until it's shattered, over... and over... and over. Until there is nothing left but the loosely white and blue-tinted shards of the now useless glass, the glass which has been through too much to be put back together, the glass in which couldn't serve the same actions, and purposes once did. All because no one cared to make sure it was truly secure before it shattered once again.

As fuscia, white, and black colored tiles array in patterns across the diner walls, the canary lights shining down flatly on us, watching as loosely hung lights drape from the ceiling over each booth, the black and white checkered floor contrasting mildly, adjusting to the brightly red sparkling booth sets in which spread among the diner.

The bell-ringing indicating a new customer had rung me out of my admiration.

All turning our heads to face the door, we had watched as the blonde's eyes scanned the diner, bouncing from table to table, before finally meeting all six gazes emitting from the corner of the room.

Rolling her eyes, she had begun her journey towards the table, and with everyone's bodies still faced her direction, and eyes scanning her every movement.

"Stop staring, or I'll walk my ass right back out." She hissed, now standing in front of the table.

As we continued to stare for no reason other than our own pure amusement, she began to turn her body towards the exit, but before she could start walking I grabbed her wrist causing her gaze to shoot towards me.

Watching tentatively as I stepped out of the booth, I allowed a small grin to appear on my face before bowing down humorously.
Now outstretching my free hand towards the booth,
"For you, m'lady."

"Your annoying." She spoke, chuckling before sliding into the booth, now sitting in between Amare and I.
While Ace, Cillian, Leyla, and Camila sit in front of us.

And not even five seconds into being settled;
"Who the hell brought a child?" Aurora asked, holding her face in the palm of her hands.

"First of all, his name is Cillian." Ace started, now pointing his finger at the blonde who sat unfazed.
"Second of all, we don't need your negative energy." He finished, emphasizing the word 'we' by moving his fingers between the two.

"Who's even is it?" Aurora pushed, now looking into the red and black outlined menu.

"Amare's brother." We all said in unison, watching as the blonde slowly nodded her head, her eyes never leaving the laminated piece of paper.