Chapter 29

Aurora POV-

The game had just ended, with Ace and Amare a total of 29,000 points, Camila and Leyla with 38,000 points.

And Serenity and I with a total of 122,000 points.

Maybe her finally shutting the fuck up and listening for once did us some good.
But I wasn't thinking about laser tag... I was thinking about that dumb kiss.

It made me mad because I  did it. I kissed the girl I swore got on every nerve in my body... the worst part? I liked it, I wanted more, I wanted nothing worse than for her to take me away. To feel those tempting lips on mine once again, to taste her.

To have her

But she wasn't mine, and I couldn't be hers.
I had a boyfriend... but that's all he was, the label was something that never meant shit to me or him, but it provided me a relief, a layer of reassurance to bounce back on.

But now the thought of my boyfriend is stressing me out.

Maybe... if I don't think about it... it should pass.

It's currently 2:48 am
I'm sitting in my bed, the white cotton comforter over my naked body, with my sorry excuse of a boyfriend laying next to me, asleep.

I've been on 'Buzzfeed' for over an hour taking multiple quizzes trying to prove myself or even these stupid quiz creators wrong.
But on every single 'Am I Gay?' Quiz I have taken, I have scored above 80% on each one. Which is over 130 quizzes by the way.

Maybe it's the softball in me? Nah.

Maybe it's my lack of orgasms caused by a male? Nah

Maybe it's my love for frogs? Nah

Maybe it's my Pinterest account full of pretty women? Maybe

Maybe it's Serenity fucking Ourania? Yeah.

I'm not afraid of liking girls. I never have been, never feared I wouldn't be accepted because of it, because who's going to reject me... my dead parents? Yeah, good luck with that.
It'll just take a hot kick to their graves to put their opinions to silence.

But it's the emotional strain, it will be having to break up, then having to deal with his manic ways, then having to trust someone else, but this time for real.
Real in the sense of real attraction, more than just physical use, getting to love them, trust them, know them, and just learn how to accept and reciprocate feelings.
Which I was never taught, never had a mom to tuck me in at night, never had a dad to show me how shitty boys are.
Never had a real love, inwards nor outwards.

But a part of me didn't want to like girls, the reality is so much more frightening. Falling for straight girls, hate crimes, and so on. So maybe if I denied it, it wouldn't have to be true, but for all, I knew it was.
Just as stripping myself of my clothes, every layer I withdrew from my body had given me a more vulnerable look, a state in which I was being put on display, for people to see, for people to judge. So maybe if I kept it tucked away I wouldn't have to, but not every condition allows for so many layers.
And maybe this is just one of the conditions.

A buzz coming from my nightstand had pulled me out of my thoughts.
I picked up my phone which had been on full brightness; RIP My Eyesight.
Of course, at the most convenient timing, her name was sitting on my screen.

Serenity: You awake?

It was simple, nothing more than a small question directed towards my current state of action but it made me feel solaced.