Chapter 23

Serenity POV:

The morning sun evaded my senses, the hues peeking through my bedroom window.
Giving the wraps of the room, small white, glittery highlights.
The sun warping around the city in a fire orange scenery. Draping over the sky, racing its way around from the daily cycle, and back to us at dawn.  Striking the sky with its beams of light.

I sighed lightly, stretching my muscles very roughly, igniting a small breath from my mouth.

I stepped onto the cold floor causing small goosebumps to follow up my spine.
Allowing my stride to bring me into the restroom. I stepped into the shower, turning the metal knob to the left.

The steam of the shower had begun filling up the restroom, the fog murking the mirrors, and creating small wisps of air as delicate as the oxygen it's taking place in.
I had stripped myself of the clothing before stepping into the shower, allowing the water cascade around and over my body.

When finished I had stepped out, throwing a towel around my body, and the following one wrapped into my hair.
I had decided on a black turtle neck tucked into a pair of black trousers...because why not?

I was still very tired, the feeling of exhaustion riding over my body in waves.  My eyelids feeling slightly droopy, my body feeling slightly fatigued from yesterday, not only from the fight with Amare.
But because after Leyla had come over after her date, Ace and Amare had joined us, and them being such geniuses had decided it would be best to stay up till 2 in the morning doing absolutely nothing.

Luckily Leyla had driven Ace home because if I had to do it, I was going to kill the boy.

I had continued drying my hair, allowing for the small naturally coiled waves to take their form.
While I had applied light highlighter and mascara.
Allowing for the strength of my cheekbones to apply for more definition.

After coming downstairs running my fingers along with the gold linings of the spiraled staircase, I had finally been met with my driver outside.
I felt fatigued today, which is something I rarely felt, but when I did it came in waves, droopy eyes which some mistook for me being stoned, sluggish body figure, and a raspy voice, it wasn't an everyday thing which I was grateful for, but when it did happen it was definitely an ass-kicker.
After running with such power, and entities running off and through you, all supernatural and Gods would feel very fatigued in a random time.
It was their body's way of saying sleep was required to work at their maximum ability.
But I'm a 'high school student' and I believe if I was out for 2 weeks in a row I would have to provide a better explanation than "I was tired".

"Good morning Ms. Ourania." The driver greeted me, opening the velvet car door for me.

It was a slight breeze this morning, yet the sun shining brighter than it was when I had first awoken from my sleep.
The winds felt calming, restless, tired but yet they would not want to give the world a break as too afraid to allow us to give in to the rays of the sun.

I had adjusted myself in the seat before slowly allowing for my eyes to fall into a sleep once again. I felt the engine rev again before my mind had fallen unconscious once again.

I was lightly awoken to the voice of my driver, Evgenis. He had been working for my family ever since we had moved to Earth, he was a very gentle and obedient man, but many times I felt sorrowful for the bosses he had in terms of my mother and Ares.

"We are here ma'am." He stated lowly, looking through his rearview mirror.

I slowly stretched my muscles, allowing for them to slightly twitch, before allowing a harsher breath to escape my nose.
"Thank you." I said, a lazy smile plastered on my lips, before nodding my head in appreciation.