Chapter 22

Aurora POV-

Ik I said I wasn't doing many of these but I love writing her.

TW kind of? Yes

I've been lying in bed for a few hours now since I was dropped off, it has to have been no earlier than 6 pm right now.

Not really like I care what time it is right now anyway.
All I fucking do is eat, sleep, complain, and be sexy.

But lately, I've been getting lonely... I'm in my last year in high school, and all without them.
I lost my mother when I was 5.  We had previously lived in France for my toddler years until my father had received a job offer in America.  My mother had taken up the job as a Kindergarten teacher... But life in America is dangerous.  A lockdown during school was initiated, I was in the classroom across from my mother's, as she was not allowed to be my teacher.
Kids were going batshit insane, while I just sat daydreaming at how cute my kindergarten crush was.
The next thing I know, a gunshot was heard from the room parallel to ours, everything had gone quiet before more screaming was heard.
The cops had arrived, and boom, my mom was dead.
All while I sat there dreaming about how cute Alex looked sitting frightenedly next to me.

When I had entered 3rd grade my father had taken his own life from the loss of his wife.
I get it? I mean I never did.
I ended up staying with my grandparents in this current house before they had moved back to France when I was 10.

I've been in a big, white, empty house for several, almost eight years.

I mean, I wish I could say the Trauma made me funny... But it just gave me a lot of mental issues which I poke fun at.
So I guess I am kind of funny? Eh, whatever.

A large empty house... several bedrooms, eight bathrooms, and enough space to entertain multiple high schools.
But yet this house felt more furnished and fulfilled than I ever did.
I wish I could say this house held memories, but it didn't...
It's just a house that my grandparents own in case of a visit to America.

Sometimes I just wished for at the bare minimum of one of my parents...
For my father to have never lost his battle, or for my mother never to have been ripped from me.
Anyone to hold me at night, wishing the monsters under my bed away, for someone to tell me it was going to be ok when the thunderstorms reigned, for someone to tell me good morning and goodnight.
Yet I never even got to say a farewell, nor' a goodbye.

I lied, I don't need anyone. #Idon'tneednomanorwomantotellmewhattodo.

I was snapped out of my trance as my phone buzzed upon the pearl white nightstand next to me.
Now that I think of it... everything in this house was white.

Do you think my grandparents would mind a remodel?
Why not?

I picked up the phone before rolling my eyes at the message that appeared on the screen.

Ace🚬: im outside lesbro

I shut the device off before throwing it back onto my bed.

I lowered my feet onto the ground before slightly shivering at the cold floor.
Even with fuzzy socks, the cold had still managed to penetrate me.
Pretty shitty fuzzy socks if you ask me.

I slid down the hallway, almost tripping before meeting the stairs.
I had continued to slide through every hall and doorway before coming face to face with our front door.

I opened it, slightly panting for breath.
For an athlete, I'm very out of shape.

Maybe it's all the energy drinks?

I watched as the boy slowly stepped in, with a bag of food in one hand, and his keychain and phone in another.

I watched slowly as his face fell in amazement, his eyes glistening as he watched over the chandeliers which were dangling from the high ceiling, their LED lights illuminating the whole house.
He let his gaze fall over marble floors bestowed before him.
The small hints of black and grey rummaging through the floor like the veins to a human body, except the pattern of ours kept us living, while the pattern below us just gave the illusion of life.