Chapter 24

Serenity POV-

"BITCH JUST DO IT." I harshly whispered to the girl on the other end of the line.

It was currently passing period from our 2nd to 3rd period, and I was sitting in the janitor's closet, praying that our real janitor didn't walk in.

A so-called high school student in the Janitors closet wouldn't rub anybody the right way.

I have been trying to convince a friend of mine, Mareena, to compel me for the week in order to keep me awake.
The first 2 periods have been a spiral of my eyes slowly burning from the lack of sleep, a heavy rest to my eyelids almost speaking to me, saying "Go to sleep you fucking idiot." In which I give into the voice, and it leads me to get my leg kicked.

Both of my legs now have a slight burning heat, and soreness when walking around, all from the kicks I have been enduring for the past 2 hours, although I must admit they have kept me awake.
But I am unsure how much longer I may be able to keep myself willingly awake while undergoing the small pings to my legs.

"Just finish the day and go to bed Harmonia, your body and mind require the same amount of rest, regardless of how long you put it off." She spoke in a calm tone from the opposite end of the line.

"I don't give a damn." I retorted back, although she was right, I would be completely asleep for 2 weeks, no small awakenings for the day, a complete 2-week nap, and I had too much to work on, from the play to the skirmish which is inching closer by the minute. 

"I will no-"

"Please?" I pleaded into the phone, a silence had followed before hearing a small groan from the other end of the phone.

"Fine. Only for a week, but I swear to God if you do not rest after I will put you to eternal rest. You understand?" She demanded.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you," I said in a slightly higher-pitched voice.

"Wait... when are you going to do it?" I questioned

"Send me your location, I could be there in a minute or so?"

"Twelve Bridges Highschool in Sacramento," I claimed slightly calmer, but before she could reply, the phone line had cut out.

I slowly placed my phone back into my back pocket and waited for her arrival. Telling her I was in a Janitors closet was slightly unnecessary as she could easily pick up my scent once in range.

I unlocked the door from the inside before turning on the lights, it was fairly cold, sending slight chills down my arms, and causing hands to wrap around my body in instinct. Attempting at easing the slight shiver my body was picking up.

I had felt a wave of tiredness begin to hit once again, wrapping around my body in an uncomforting matter. Demanding its needs to be met, demanding I fall into the primal temptation. Its own hands trying to force my eyes closed, its legs trying to sweep my legs from under me, attempting to force my limbs into a limp manner. But before it could succeed the door had been opened.

On the other end stood Mareena.
A dark-skinned woman, with an afro, each coiled strand moved to perfection.
Mareena and I have been good friends since I was 300,000 years old, which in your own reference maybe around 14 years old.
She was no doubtedly a gorgeous woman, with Espresso skin which had highlighted itself perfectly, defined cheekbones, plump lips which had always been glossed, a perfectly white and aligned smile, and a slender body type.
She was bound to turn the straightest of girls gay.

Not to mention the person I lost my virginity to... but that's not the topic at hand.

"RAVEN!"

"CHELSEA!" She exclaimed back, throwing me in for a hug. We had embraced each other within one another arms.

When we had stepped back she had begun. "So why do you need this so much?" She questioned, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall. "And why are we back in the closet, even a thousand years later?" She said with a forced sigh which caused me to chuckle at her dreading behavior.

"Because I'm a supposed high school student, and if I'm out for 2 weeks straight with no excuse or prior notice things will get sketchy, besides I have a lot to work on right now and a couple of weeks could be put to use instead of whatever the fuck." I said, taking a more shallow breath.
Damn, even talking makes me tired.

"Why doesn't your mom just call and say you're going out of the country for a while?" She questioned.

"My mom isn't a people person... and did you forget where I said I have like no time to be sleeping right now?"

"Just sleep, it's gonna catch up to you eventually and I won' be able to compel it away."

"I don't care."

"Harmonia, what's so important? I'll email the school as your mom and let them know your visiting family somewhere. Just stop being an idiot."

"Fine, but under one circumstance," I said smirking to myself.

"Why the fuck am I being put on a leash for helping you?"

"Because why not?" I continued, she sighed slightly before motioning her hand forward as if telling me to continue.

"You have to make me a new ring."

"Couldn't your dad do that?"

"Yes, but I am asking you to."

"Fine, do you want to go home now or just finish the day?" She questioned right as the bell rang signaling the start of the next period.

I looked down at my now slowly bruising leg, and her eyes followed mine before I heard a small snicker.
I looked up to see her hand placed over her mouth in an attempt to unsuccessfully stifle laughter.
"You never get bruised, what the hell happened to you?"

"Satan's Advocate." I said slightly shaking my head

"Which is?" She questioned further

"This girl in my class, I don't even know how she did that... It takes a lot for my body to react in a way."

She slightly smirked to herself as if she knew something I didn't which had caused me to shoot her a questioning look.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Oh, nothing..." I glared further at her before letting it go, all of this was too much for me to handle and I was now forcing myself to stay fully conscious before making the decision of just going home right now.

"Take me away Dracula." I said further extending my arms out to the vampire.

She obliged, taking me into her arms, but before I could register any further moments, I had fallen away.

My body giving in to the urging rest that lept at my body's responses and actions. Finally closing my eyelids and allowing the small swirls of black to fog my mind, my body resting before going limp. And as I knew it, I was at rest.

A/N 

Hey besties, sorry this took so long, my schedule has been tampered with lately.

But I'll find one that works sooner I promise.

anyways hows ur day been?:)))

ILY-Bri🪐