A Little Encounter

The birds sing as the sun rises, painting the sky a breathtaking lavender color. The snow crunches under the boots of a little boy, cloaked in layers of warm clothing and a little bucket hat. He hums a small tune, a slow cheerful tune. He hauls a fishing rod, a satchel, and a net. An auger is attached to his back by a few belts. He loved walking through the woods, particularly in the morning when the snow glistened from the fresh sunlight and birds wake up and fly from branch to branch. 

However, today he stumbles across strange tracks, not like any animal he has seen. 'If anything, it looks like a human' he thought. He follows the small footprints and stops when he sees her. He drops most of his gear and runs to the girl in the snow, pressed against a log. "Hello?" he speaks up, grabbing her shoulders and rolling her over on her back. "Are you ok, miss? Hey, wake up!" he begins shaking her lightly. 

The boy looks at the girl's features. She looked like an angel. Her tears stuck to her face in the form of frost, her skin was pale and her hair was covered in snow, like how a sugar plum would be sprinkled in sugar. The girl's breaths were slow but she didn't open her eyes. "Hello?" she finally responds. Her eyes move in a strange way as if her eyes were frozen shut by her sparkling tears. "I can't see." She mumbles, her fragile voice breaks as he feels her breathe quicker. "It's ok, you are safe, what happened to you?" the boy inquires, helping her sit up. 

She rubs her eyes but is still too cold. "I-" she hesitates. "I'm so cold.." the girl says instead. The boy gasps a bit, feeling bad for not doing this earlier. He sits up, on his knees and takes off a big coat, fur on the inside, and wraps it around the frail girl. He plucks his hat off and puts it over her (h/l) hair. His own pink wavy hair peeks out from his big scarf and other coat layers. His bright red eyes peer at her as she trembles. 

"There was a fire, in my village." The girl starts. "Mama went to go get us a horse from the stables so we could escape, but.. the stables collapsed, so I ran to find the others who left." She said, her voice slurred from the numbing cold. The boy sympathized with her and even teared up at her sad story. He pulls her into a hug, holding her tight as she buries her face into his neck between his scarf. "It's gonna be ok" The boy mumbles, holding back tears. 'How could someone so sweet and angelic suffer such a tragedy?' he wondered. 

After a while of hugging, they both pull back. The boy studies her face as her eyes flutter open. Both of their eyes widen as he is taken aback by her gorgeous (e/c) eyes, looking like glossy glass spheres. The girl is quite shocked as well, his dusty pink hair curls at the ends, and his bright eyes are wide with admiration. From under his scarf, supposedly hiding his mouth, the girl noticed little fangs of some sort, poking out upwards. She also noticed he had soft pink floppy pig ears. 'They look like how the guards described piglin babies, is he a piglin boy?' she thought. "Are you hungry? I can take you back to my home." the boy offers. The girl flinches at the word, home, but reluctantly, she nods her head. 

The boy offers his gloved hand, which the girl takes happily. He helps her up and they begin walking back, picking up the fishing gear with his free hand. The girl stumbles and falls, her legs numb and almost hurting. The pink-haired boy instantly notices and he helps her to sit up. "I have an idea, climb on my back," he said, taking off his outer coat. He undoes the belts that crisscross over his chest and back. He kneels down and the little girl grabs onto his shoulders and wraps her legs around him. Carefully, he buckles the belts to support her legs. He picks up his coat and flings it over her to his other side, slipping his hands through the sleeves before picking up the fishing gear. 

He marches through the snow as she hangs onto his shoulders with her numb hands. She didn't shiver nearly as much as she was earlier. Soon enough, over a hill, smoke was seen. It wasn't the frightening smoke from the previous night though. The closer they got, the better they could see. It was a small cottage at the top of a hill. The chimney puffs smoke and the windowsills hold piles of snow. 

The boy makes his way up the steps and puts the fishing gear in the corner of the fenced-in porch. He opened the door and a voice yelled from another floor, "Welcome home! The stew is almost done!" The boy kicked off his boots covered in snow and ice and calls back. "Dad! I need help!" Yelled the boy standing by the closed door. "With what, son?" Asked the distant voice. "I found a girl in the snow, she is really cold," he said as footsteps approach. 

The tall man, whose most noticeable features are his feathery ebony wings and his blond hair tucked under a green and white bucket hat, rushed to him, looking at his young piglike boy carrying a small unconscious girl on his back under his coat. "Oh my, come over here, Techno." He says, rushing him to a bedroom where he and his brother slept. 

The grown man pulls back the blankets on Techno's own bed and makes him sit as he takes off the coat and unbuckles her, letting her lay back on the pillow. Techno gets up and starts taking off his multiple coats and scarf now that he is home. He watches as his father puts a hand to the girl's forehead, then her cheek. "I need you to tell me everything that happened when you found her, was she talking weird, not shivering? How did she get there?" He asks as he frantically covers her in blankets. 

A/N: Idk if all the chapters will be 1k words but this one is so accept it.