New Perspective: AU3 Chapter 11

AUTHORS NOTE: There's a lot that goes on this chapter! E, V and James take care of a patient while the bloom barricade is under way, Valerie stays incredibly sceptical over Tobias, Bryce has a problem is avoiding James and there's a cute little study session at the end! This is 'New Perspective' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

It's definitely not news that I have a strong intuition

I've always been good at reading people and while that may sound like I'm giving my ego a little bit of a prod, I've always been able to back that claim up.

So I suppose today, now Maria and Tobias have both agree that working together as a team is better than working against each other- a part of me feels real conflicted

i think we've made it all clear we have our individual target and goals, but we're just going to use each other to get to that place. which on first glance looks awful i admit....but if the patients benefit from us working together, that's all that matters to me.

It doesn't mean I'm going to relax though. I have a feeling more than ever, James E, Harper and myself are going to need to stay on alert. because no matter what they say...they were both hand picked by bloom. and even if currently their intentions are good, bloom has a....certain control over people that's unmistakeable.

so, waiting for doctor Ramsey to finish up his meeting and for our patient to arrive, i sat in the diagnostics office on my own going through a few little extra work pieces. we may have just completed second year exams, but it means were just that much closer to the boards. I have every intention to stay at edenbrook, in Boston and with Ethan, so i need to make sure i stand out from the rest of the residents who may have a similar idea.

i finished writing down my answer to the last question on the sheet, when i heard the hissing of the door-

i looked over my shoulder as Ethan came in and I smiled "hey you."

"hey you. is everything alright?" he said as he went to his desk and placed a kiss on my cheek

"yeah, my patients are stable, just finishing a few questions while our patient arrives."

he nodded as he took the papers from his folder and said "i just saw Maria talking to bloom on my way up here. diversion must be going."

i bit my lip and said "do you think this will work?"

he took his glasses off and said "i think...there's potential for it to work. and I'm hoping it will so finally we can get something done today without it turning into an argument."

"you and me both..." i sighed as i closed my book

he came back over to me and pulled me up from my seat as he continued to say "I'm sure things will work out just fine. To be honest, at this point we only have something to gain by working with each other and nothing else. and i know it shouldn't be that way, i know you imagined a...better dynamic-"