War And Peace: AU3 Chapter 15

AUTHORS NOTE:  E and V know that whatever comes next is going to be hard for them, so the night of Marias harsh accusations, the two of them indulge in heart to heart that make them question not only themselves, but the future. A new patient arrives at Edenbrook, more trouble arises for doctor Ramsey, V talks to Maria....and everything is thrown into limbo at the end of todays chapter 'War And Peace'. Enjoy :)

Is this story suitable to read during Ramadan?: There is no NSWF content with in this chapter. all PG rated minus innocent innuendo :)

 all PG rated minus innocent innuendo :)

Ethan

Once Valerie and I arrived home after a day of... turmoil, upset  pain... And just overall uncertainty, We did the one thing that tends to make us feel better when in need of a pick me up.

 Sitting on the floor of the balcony, a bottle of whiskey between the two of us, and two tumblers.

 When the nights are mild there's no need for a blanket, just watching the stars and the sky, Listening to the busy streets below.... And yet feeling at a complete calm.

 She sipped from her glass and said "I'd really like to get drunk tonight." 

"...me too." I picked up the bottle and topped her up

 "so how about we get a little bit drunk?

"Hm. Strange advice from my boss." She raised a brow as she swirled the amber liquid 

"Well, I have two modes. Ethan, and doctor Ramsey. Pick your poison." I said as I took a long sip

 "Ethan. He's more fun drunk."

 "...you're right about that."

 We laughed barely, just on the truthfulness off the matter and I said "... can I ask you something?" 

"Depends. Because right now I'm in the verge of tipsy, the answer may vary."

 I nodded and said "I'll take my chances. be honest. What I did...do you think less of me for doing it? As your mentor...but as the man your engaged to." 

She pursed her lips and said "no. I don't. I wish it hadn't come to this, but knowing bloom... Michael was always going to end up on this trial. You just gave him a better chance. Unethical maybe-" 

She shrugged as she took a sip and said "but I'm the girl who stole from a pharma company and gave unapproved meds to my patient. I'm nowhere to judge ethicality. More than anything ... I'm hurt for Elijah. Until we know the consequences..."

 I nodded and she sighed as she looked to me "But you did it for me too... and....I don't think anyone would risk their career...their principles, like that for me...." 

I rested my head against the door and said "...I didn't think there would be anyone worth risking it for..."

 She closed her eyes and I ran my thumb over her soft lips ,"Well....let's hope I'm worth it."