Rise and Fall: AU3 Chapter 25

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello! In this chapter, Ethan has an exciting surprise for Valerie, E and V set up an intervention between Henry and Bryce to get them to talk before the big surgery, Papa Ramsey has an idea, a patient need re-diagnosing, and another ends up with a heart-breaking fate. James talks to Bryce, and later the friends head out for some reminiscing. but when the morning comes....there's an announcement that is going to change everything once again...This is rise and fall and I hope you enjoy :)

This is rise and fall and I hope you enjoy :)

Valentine

The day had gone by in a whirlwind of events, and already it felt like we had been back in Boston for a month- things had fallen back together again like we had never truly left, and we had already been thrown back into the routine of day to day life.

And having some stability is something I'll never complain about. A structure to life so whatever happens in between can be an eventful mystery in its own. Today, has certainly been that because it was nothing like we had anticipated...

I sat in the diagnostics at Ethan's desk in his chair , because I do like to sit in a swivel chair from time to time, and I want to take my girlfriend/fiancé privileges seriously of course (I have swivel chair priveleges, naturally.). But I decided to get some studying done while waiting for doctor Ramsey to finish his errands.

And speaking of, just at that moment, the door hissed open, and I looked up from the desk with a smile as he entered.

"Hey you. Keeping yourself occupied?" He raised a brow

I nodded and said "working on a few things here and there, some exam questions."

"Well I'm very glad to hear it. But as your mentor and boss I give you permission to take a break a moment. I have something for you."

"You do?" I smiled

He stood opposite the desk, arms behind his back as he said "I do. Next day delivery is very practical."

"You had it delivered to the hospital?"

"yes I had a feeling we'd still be here. plus once you see what it is you'll realise its a big middle finger up to bloom."

I laughed and he smiled before saying "go on, close your eyes."

I moved my book to one side and closed my eyes as I said "my goodness this is rather exciting-"

He chuckled as I heard him step forward and said "I should hope so. You can open them."

I done so, and there on the deal in front of me sat a medium sized white box, and as he sat down opposite me he said "I promise there's something in the box."

I giggled as I pulled it forwards, and raised a brow as I lifted off the lid-

Oh wow!

My eyes widened and I smiled as I looked up to him "Ethan! This is lovely..."